• Adj: presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible; examples: "the predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different", "actual and imagined conditions"
• Adj: taking place in reality; not pretended or imitated; examples: "we saw the actual wedding on television", "filmed the actual beating"
• Adj: being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something; examples: "her actual motive", "a literal solitude like a desert"- G.K.Chesterto", "a genuine dilemma"
• Adj: existing in act or fact; examples: "rocks and trees...the actual world", "actual heroism", "the actual things that produced the emotion you experienced"
• Adj: existing in fact whether with lawful authority or not; examples: "de facto segregation is as real as segregation imposed by law", "a de facto state of war"
• Adj: being or existing at the present moment; example: "the ship's actual position is 22 miles due south of Key West"
We learned to put discipline in the haircuts by using actual geometry, actual architectural shapes and bone structure. The cut had to be perfect and layered beautifully, so that when a woman shook it, it just fell back in.
Before we had airplanes and astronauts, we really thought that there was an actual place beyond the clouds, somewhere over the rainbow. There was an actual place, and we could go above the clouds and find it.there.
Murderers will try to recall the sequence of events, they will remember exactly what they did just before and just after. But they can never remember the actual moment of killing. This is why they will always leave a clue.
Aaron Sorkin was completely unable to understand the actual psychology of Mark or of Facebook. He can't conceive of a world where social status or getting laid or, for that matter, doing drugs, is not the most important thing.
You can do and use the skills that you have. The schools need you. The teachers need you. Students and parents need you. They need your actual person: your physical personhood and your open minds and open ears and boundless compassion, sitting next to them, listening and nodding and asking questions for hours at a time.
Vigorous enforcement of copyrights themselves is an important part of the picture. But I don't think that expanding the legal definition of copyright outside of actual copyright infringement is the right move.
I don't begin a novel or a screenplay until I know the ending. And I don't mean only that I have to know what happens. I mean that I have to hear the actual sentences. I have to know what atmosphere the words convey.
There is a lovable quality about the actual tools. One feels so kindly to the thing that enables the hand to obey the brain. Moreover, one feels a good deal of respect for it; without it the brain and the hand would be helpless.
I had always owned them to be the Word of God... the careful reading of the Acts afforded me a practical picture of the early church; which made me feel deeply the contrast with its actual present state; though still, as ever beloved by God.