• Adj: remote and separate physically or socially; examples: "existed over the centuries as a world apart", "preserved because they inhabited a place apart"- W.H.Hudso", "tiny isolated villages remote from centers of civilization", "an obscure village"
• Adj: not living together as man and wife; examples: "decided to live apart", "maintaining separate households", "they are separated"
• Adj: having characteristics not shared by others; example: "scientists felt they were a group apart"- Vannever Bus"
• Adv: separated or at a distance in place or position or time; examples: "These towns are many miles apart", "stood with his legs apart", "born two years apart"
• Adv: not taken into account or excluded from consideration; examples: "these problems apart, the country is doing well", "all joking aside, I think you're crazy"
• Adv: away from another or others; examples: "they grew apart over the years", "kept apart from the group out of shyness", "decided to live apart"
• Adv: placed or kept separate and distinct as for a purpose; examples: "had a feeling of being set apart", "quality sets it apart", "a day set aside for relaxing"
• Adv: one from the other; example: "people can't tell the twins apart"
• Adv: into parts or pieces; examples: "he took his father's watch apart", "split apart", "torn asunder"
And Big Night, I think by the end the brothers find that balance, when they touch each other on the shoulder over breakfast and it's understood that what should never have driven them apart almost drove them apart. I think that's a true moment.
The individual makes a clear effort to define moral values and principles that have validity and application apart from the authority of the groups of persons holding them and apart from the individual's own identification with the group.
What goes on in Europe concerns us greatly because, if Europe comes apart, the E.U. comes apart, then you're going to have enormous impact on America, that's a very big trading partner of ours, and people own securities around the world in this day and age.
But apart from the military measures, security measures, of course, Afghanistan needs great help for building up its social life, its economic life. It has become a very poor country, neglected for many years.
It's rather naive, apart from being ethically objectionable, to assume that our investigators travel around the country with bags of money trying to bribe witnesses to lie on the witness stand. We just don't operate that way.