• Adj: not present; having left; examples: "he's away right now", "you must not allow a stranger into the house when your mother is away", "everyone is gone now", "the departed guests"
• Adj: used of an opponent's ground; example: "an away game"
• Adj: (of a baseball pitch) on the far side of home plate from the batter; examples: "the pitch was away (or wide)", "an outside pitch"
• Adv: from a particular thing or place or position (`forth' is obsolete); examples: "ran away from the lion", "wanted to get away from there", "sent the children away to boarding school", "the teacher waved the children away from the dead animal", "went off to school", "they drove off", "go forth and preach"
• Adv: from one's possession; examples: "he gave out money to the poor", "gave away the tickets"
• Adv: out of the way (especially away from one's thoughts); examples: "brush the objections aside", "pushed all doubts away"
• Adv: out of existence; examples: "the music faded away", "tried to explain away the affair of the letter"- H.E.Scudde", "idled the hours away", "her fingernails were worn away"
• Adv: at a distance in space or time; examples: "the boat was 5 miles off (or away)", "the party is still 2 weeks off (or away)", "away back in the 18th century"
• Adv: indicating continuing action; continuously or steadily; examples: "he worked away at the project for more than a year", "the child kept hammering away as if his life depended on it"
• Adv: so as to be removed or gotten rid of; examples: "cleared the mess away", "the rotted wood had to be cut away"
• Adv: freely or at will; example: "fire away!"
• Adv: in or into a proper place (especially for storage or safekeeping); examples: "put the toys away", "her jewels are locked away in a safe", "filed the letter away"
• Adv: in a different direction; examples: "turn aside", "turn away one's face", "glanced away"
• Adv: in reserve; not for immediate use; examples: "started setting aside money to buy a car", "put something by for her old age", "has a nest egg tucked away for a rainy day"
I used to think that cyberspace was fifty years away. What I thought was fifty years away, was only ten years away. And what I thought was ten years away... it was already here. I just wasn't aware of it yet.
I've been stocking my nuts away like a squirrel for 15 years. I don't have kids, I don't have a wife. I own my own house. I don't owe anybody for it so I put my nuts away. I really made a commitment to myself to just do what I like to do and want to do, and not to do anything. I'm not even going to give six weeks away for money anymore, you know?
I've realized as well after five years of being on the road that if I'm going to four or five months of my life to something even if I'm overpaid, it's four or five months of my life away from home, away from my son, away from family and friends. I better believe in it on some level even if it's a big movie.
Being sent away to boarding school at seven is as great an inspiration as any songwriter could have - to be taken away from one's family and locked away for 10 years. It does create an incredible intensity of emotion.
I've spent so much time the last seven, eight years in Los Angeles, away from my family, away from my friends, away from the city that is my favourite place to be and I just want to come here and have a proper life.
And if the imam and the Muslim leadership in that community is so intent on building bridges, then they should voluntarily move the mosque away from ground zero and move it whether it's uptown or somewhere else, but move it away from that area, the same as the pope directed the Carmelite nuns to move a convent away from Auschwitz.
I think in terms of me shying away from modelling, I would like to clarify in some way that I was taking a break from many things in my life and obviously what people in the public see is that I'm pulling away from what is more public.
The wrath of God is a way of saying that I have been living in a way that is contrary to the love that is God. Anyone who begins to live and grow away from God, who lives away from what is good, is turning his life toward wrath.
I've gotten away with a lot in my life. The older you get the more you realize you're not getting away with it, it's taking its toll somewhere. So you try not to put yourself in those situations. Part of the mysterious process called growing up. Some people do that better than others.