• Verb: accept as true; take to be true; examples: "I believed his report", "We didn't believe his stories from the War", "She believes in spirits"
• Verb: judge or regard; look upon; judge; examples: "I think he is very smart", "I believe her to be very smart", "I think that he is her boyfriend", "The racist conceives such people to be inferior"
• Verb: be confident about something; example: "I believe that he will come back from the war"
• Verb: follow a credo; have a faith; be a believer; example: "When you hear his sermons, you will be able to believe, too"
• Verb: credit with veracity; examples: "You cannot believe this man", "Should we believe a publication like the National Enquirer?"
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles.
I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
I believe in using words, not fists. I believe in my outrage knowing people are living in boxes on the street. I believe in honesty. I believe in a good time. I believe in good food. I believe in sex.
I have a controversial opinion about evil, because I don't believe evil exists. I believe that actions are dark and destructive but I don't believe evil is a thing. I believe it's a by-product of man's fear and desperation.
I'm not really conservative. I'm conservative on certain things. I believe in less government. I believe in fiscal responsibility and all those things that maybe Republicans used to believe in but don't any more.
And I don't believe that I have to stay on one side of the fence or the other. I don't believe that there is any good career move or bad career move. I believe there are only the things that make me happy.
I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.
For those who believe in God the matter is simpler still and clearly than anything else: because those who believe in God believe that God is the Creator of the whole Universe and there is nothing that does not come from Him.
Why not hold on to whatever I've got because it's as good as it's ever going to get. How can I believe that love is coming, how can I even believe that love exists; if I don't believe it's spiritually based?
We believe - we believe that, if we tell the people the truth, that they will act bigger than the pettiness we see in Washington, D.C. We believe it is possible to forge bipartisan compromise, and stand up for our conservative principles.