Sell also: bandaged, bind, border, bounce, boundary, bounds, confine, destined, edge, indentured, jump, leap, leaping, limit, rebound, recoil, restrain, restrict, reverberate, ricochet, spring, throttle
• Noun: a line determining the limits of an area
• Noun: the line or plane indicating the limit or extent of something
• Noun: the greatest possible degree of something; examples: "what he did was beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior", "to the limit of his ability"
• Noun: a light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
• Verb: move forward by leaps and bounds; examples: "The horse bounded across the meadow", "The child leapt across the puddle", "Can you jump over the fence?"
• Verb: form the boundary of; be contiguous to
• Verb: place limits on (extent or access); examples: "restrict the use of this parking lot", "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
• Verb: spring back; spring away from an impact; examples: "The rubber ball bounced", "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
• Adj: held with another element, substance or material in chemical or physical union
• Adj: confined by bonds; example: "bound and gagged hostages"
• Adj: secured with a cover or binding; often used as a combining form; examples: "bound volumes", "leather-bound volumes"
• Adj: (usually followed by `to') governed by fate; examples: "bound to happen", "an old house destined to be demolished", "he is destined to be famous"
• Adj: covered or wrapped with a bandage; examples: "the bandaged wound on the back of his head", "an injury bound in fresh gauze"
• Adj: headed or intending to head in a certain direction; often used as a combining form as in `college-bound students'; examples: "children bound for school", "a flight destined for New York"
• Adj: bound by an oath; example: "a bound official"
• Adj: bound by contract
• Adj: confined in the bowels; example: "he is bound in the belly"
I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.
There are many ways you can make money. Certain ways will make you happy, certain other ways will make other people happy. But if you go in because there's money in there, you're bound to fail, bound to fail!
A universe with a God would look quite different from a universe without one. A physics, a biology where there is a God is bound to look different. So the most basic claims of religion are scientific. Religion is a scientific theory.
Child labor and poverty are inevitably bound together and if you continue to use the labor of children as the treatment for the social disease of poverty, you will have both poverty and child labor to the end of time.
I think today the players are too nice to one another, but that might change with the unbalanced schedule, with teams playing each other more and more. When you face each other that much, with that much at stake, something's bound to happen.