• Noun: a demanding or stimulating situation; example: "they reacted irrationally to the challenge of Russian power"
• Noun: a call to engage in a contest or fight
• Noun: questioning a statement and demanding an explanation; example: "his challenge of the assumption that Japan is still our enemy"
• Noun: a formal objection to the selection of a particular person as a juror
• Noun: a demand by a sentry for a password or identification
• Verb: take exception to; example: "She challenged his claims"
• Verb: issue a challenge to; example: "Fischer challenged Spassky to a match"
• Verb: ask for identification; example: "The illegal immigrant was challenged by the border guard"
• Verb: raise a formal objection in a court of law
I have great people, smart people that are around me and we love the challenge. I guess it's like climbing a mountain or building a building. It's a challenge but you love every challenge that it brings or presents itself.
If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn't worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality. And to me, sailing the open ocean is a real challenge, because it's life or death.
Acting is an art form and you want to take roles that are challenged and it's more of a challenge I think to play dark characters. Not that I want to always play those, but it is a challenge and challenges are rewarding and fun.
How many Catholic schools do you think teach the students to question the authority of the Pope? Do you believe Christian schools teach students to question or challenge the authority of Jesus Christ? Do military schools teach the cadets to challenge the authority.
Winston was a bit of a challenge, all right, from a lot of different perspectives. It wasn't just the culture or the class divide or the historical baggage - it was also the age difference. We had to see if I could be aged-up legitimately, without it becoming some sort of hokey acting challenge.
But let no one be under any doubt that the scale of the challenge that Europe faces in this emerging global economy is immense and the practical pace of our collective action to meet these challenge to date has just been too slow.
Most people would say safety was my best position. To me, the biggest challenge and most gratifying thing I got out of playing football was playing corner, because it was a bigger challenge than playing safety. Playing corner provided me my biggest thrills and my biggest headaches.