Sell also: coloration, coloring, colour, colouring, distort, gloss, semblance, tinge, vividness
• Noun: a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect; example: "a white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light"
• Noun: interest and variety and intensity; examples: "the Puritan Period was lacking in color", "the characters were delineated with exceptional vividness"
• Noun: the timbre of a musical sound; example: "the recording fails to capture the true color of the original music"
• Noun: a race with skin pigmentation different from the white race (especially Blacks)
• Noun: an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading; examples: "he hoped his claims would have a semblance of authenticity", "he tried to give his falsehood the gloss of moral sanction", "the situation soon took on a different color"
• Noun: any material used for its color; example: "she used a different color for the trim"
• Noun: (physics) the characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction; each flavor of quarks comes in three colors
• Noun: the appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person's perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation
• Verb: add color to; examples: "The child colored the drawings", "Fall colored the trees", "colorize black and white film"
• Verb: affect as in thought or feeling; examples: "My personal feelings color my judgment in this case", "The sadness tinged his life"
• Verb: modify or bias; example: "His political ideas color his lectures"
• Verb: decorate with colors; example: "color the walls with paint in warm tones"
• Verb: gloss or excuse; example: "color a lie"
• Verb: change color, often in an undesired manner; example: "The shirts discolored"
• Adj: having or capable of producing colors; examples: "color film", "he rented a color television", "marvelous color illustrations"
The true color of life is the color of the body, the color of the covered red, the implicit and not explicit red of the living heart and the pulses. It is the modest color of the unpublished blood.
The shiny red color of the soles has no function other than to identify to the public that they are mine. I selected the color because it is engaging, flirtatious, memorable, and the color of passion.
There's one thing which I hate about color films... people who use up a lot of their despairing producer's money by working in the laboratory to bring out the dominant hues, or to make color films where there isn't any color.
Color is a plastic means of creating intervals... color harmonics produced by special relationships, or tensions. We differentiate now between formal tensions and color tensions, just as we differentiate in music between counterpoint and harmony.
In nature, light creates the color. In the picture, color creates the light.
It is not the form that dictates the color, but the color that brings out the form.
There's a difference between actresses of color and actresses not of color. If you look at how big my movies are.
In our life there is a single color, as on an artist's palette, which provides the meaning of life and art. It is the color of love.
In my photography, color and composition are inseparable. I see in color.
You reason color more than you reason drawing... Color has a logic as severe as form.
The first time I ever saw people of any color was when D-Day left from my hometown in England, to go and free Europe from the war. And there was every color you could imagine, and I'd not seen that in England.
I was involved in the color correction and the digital color correction. In an odd way, you end up making a film many times-the DVD, the archival record of a high-definition master, and so on.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
It is generally admitted that the most beautiful qualities of a color are in its transparent state, applied over a white ground with the light shining through the color.
Baseball is a game of race, creed, and color. The race is to first base. The creed is the rules of the game. The color? Well, the home team wears white uniforms, and the visiting team wears gray.
Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue. Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we're stupid.
Capitalism knows only one color: that color is green; all else is necessarily subservient to it, hence, race, gender and ethnicity cannot be considered within it.
I used to hate doing color. I hated transparency film. The way I did color was by not wanting to know what kind of film was in my camera.
It is only after years of preparation that the young artist should touch color - not color used descriptively, that is, but as a means of personal expression.
And my point was one I think that you'd agree with, which is there's no room in America for a black racist, a Latino racist, or a white racist, or an Asian racist, or a Native American racist. Now, we're either color blind or we're not color blind.