• Adj: sufficient to provide comfort; example: "a comfortable salary"
• Adj: providing or experiencing physical well-being or relief (`comfy' is informal); examples: "comfortable clothes", "comfortable suburban houses", "made himself comfortable in an armchair", "the antihistamine made her feel more comfortable", "are you comfortable?", "feeling comfy now?"
• Adj: free from stress or conducive to mental ease; having or affording peace of mind; examples: "was settled in a comfortable job, one for which he was well prepared", "the comfortable thought that nothing could go wrong", "was comfortable in his religious beliefs", "she's a comfortable person to be with", "she felt comfortable with her fiance's parents"
• Adj: more than adequate; example: "the home team had a comfortable lead"
• Adj: in fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich; examples: "they were comfortable or even wealthy by some standards", "easy living", "a prosperous family", "his family is well-situated financially", "well-to-do members of the community"
I always said put me in front of 40 or 50,000 people and play hockey, I'm comfortable there. Put me in front of 50 people to talk or get in front of, and that's where I'm probably the least comfortable.
Most of us don't have to worry about being shot of we poke our noses outside. So we are comfortable, but the people I'm writing about are definitely not comfortable, and being shot while they're still inside is a good possibility.
I went from a guy, kind of a working actor, a supporting player, to magazine covers and being offered the studio pictures really quickly. Nobody was comfortable with it. I wasn't really comfortable with it.
When I came back from Bolivia, my Spanish was in some ways as good as my English. I am rusty today. But I am comfortable talking in Spanish. I am not flawless or fluent, but I am comfortable. It takes me a day or two speaking a lot of Spanish to get back into a rhythm.
Somebody who's really comfortable with who she is and doesn't care what other people think. I like women who are really strong and were brought up to be comfortable with themselves and respect themselves.
It's surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you're not comfortable within yourself, you can't be comfortable with others.
I'm not comfortable being around too many people. I don't like being out in public too much. I don't like going to bars. I don't like doing celebrity stuff. So most of the characters I play are people who don't always feel comfortable beyond their small circle of friends.
I think the key to being a journalist is getting your subject to feel comfortable enough to talk about stuff they want to talk about and the stuff they like and don't like, and still feel comfortable about it.
And I was very comfortable with this band even when we disagreed. It takes a long time to feel comfortable enough to disagree with somebody. When everything happened, it just was really confusing. It's like our weaknesses were nurtured and brought out front by outsiders.