• Noun: a group of people living in a particular local area; example: "the team is drawn from all parts of the community"
• Noun: a group of people having ethnic or cultural or religious characteristics in common; examples: "the Christian community of the apostolic age", "he was well known throughout the Catholic community"
• Noun: common ownership; example: "they shared a community of possessions"
• Noun: a group of nations having common interests; example: "they hoped to join the NATO community"
• Noun: the body of people in a learned occupation; example: "the news spread rapidly through the medical community"
• Noun: agreement as to goals; example: "the preachers and the bootleggers found they had a community of interests"
• Noun: a district where people live; occupied primarily by private residences
• Noun: (ecology) a group of interdependent organisms inhabiting the same region and interacting with each other
Many of the Jews who owned the homes, the apartments in the black community, we considered them bloodsuckers because they took from our community and built their community but didn't offer anything back to our community.
I mean, I am fully aware of my influence and my responsibility to society in general representing the gay community. But in the same time, I don't represent the entire gay community because it's a vast, vast community, as one can imagine.
You look at the tremendous success of Facebook. To my mind there is not a lot of commerce going on in these social networking sites. eBay is a community anchored in commerce. It is a commerce site that built a community around it. What has not been proven is if the reverse can happen and people will go to community sites to do commerce.
We insist that the international community cannot depend on any country with weapons of mass destruction which has relations with terrorists, and which allows itself the luxury of not respecting the law and of defying the international community.
Our community is like many around the country that have, as the gentleman from New York referenced, sophisticated planning and zoning regulations. These are elements that are developed as a result of local community pressure to balance interests.
We see today that there is a growing understanding in the international community that the extremist regime in Tehran is not just Israel's problem, but rather an issue that the entire international community must grapple with.
So you keep raising these taxes, and all of a sudden the business community says, 'Why are we here? We can go someplace else and use their phones.' That's one of the problems that directly affects the business community.
If Baltimore's view, that scientists who do not take the words of authorities are far removed from the ordinary behavior of scientists, prevails in the scientific community, then something fundamental, very serious, and very disturbing is happening to the scientific community.
With respect to Barack Obama, let's face it; Barack Obama is an iconic figure in the African-American community. We respect that. We understand that. African-Americans are going to vote for the first black president, especially when he happens to share the liberal politics on economic issues that many in that community hold.