• Noun: close interaction; examples: "they kept in daily contact", "they claimed that they had been in contact with extraterrestrial beings"
• Noun: the state or condition of touching or of being in immediate proximity; example: "litmus paper turns red on contact with an acid"
• Noun: the act of touching physically; example: "her fingers came in contact with the light switch"
• Noun: the physical coming together of two or more things; example: "contact with the pier scraped paint from the hull"
• Noun: a person who is in a position to give you special assistance; example: "he used his business contacts to get an introduction to the governor"
• Noun: a channel for communication between groups; example: "he provided a liaison with the guerrillas"
• Noun: (electronics) a junction where things (as two electrical conductors) touch or are in physical contact; example: "they forget to solder the contacts"
• Noun: a communicative interaction; examples: "the pilot made contact with the base", "he got in touch with his colleagues"
• Noun: a thin curved glass or plastic lens designed to fit over the cornea in order to correct vision or to deliver medication
• Verb: be in or establish communication with; examples: "Our advertisements reach millions", "He never contacted his children after he emigrated to Australia"
• Verb: be in direct physical contact with; make contact; examples: "The two buildings touch", "Their hands touched", "The wire must not contact the metal cover", "The surfaces contact at this point"
Then I became aware of the site as the traffic for it became higher. The most recent contact was this girl Lily. She wanted me to shoot her for the site and she actually showed up. There a lot of people who contact me to do a shoot for a website then you never hear from them.
I'm pretty selective. I generally edit the contact sheets and then do work prints. Because I have my own lab and printers, I can afford the luxury of going through the contact sheets for black-and-white, making up work prints, seeing them big, and honing them down.
The second principle of magic: things which have once been in contact with each other continue to act on each other at a distance after the physical contact has been severed.
Football isn't a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport.
Would I buy a cell phone for my 12-year-old?... No. I should have closer control over my child than that. He really shouldn't be in places where he needs to contact me by cell.
On the Northern Ireland question, for instance, the British and Irish governments prohibit media contact with members of the IRA, but we have always gone ahead, believing in the right to information.
What is needed, rather than running away or controlling or suppressing or any other resistance, is understanding fear; that means, watch it, learn about it, come directly into contact with it. We are to learn about fear, not how to escape from it.
Inspiration is God making contact with itself.
When she was in United States, we maintained contact, we talked to each other on the phone, almost every night. And there was one occasion I tried to fix this video conferencing but somehow it did not come out very well enough so better to talk on the phone.
There is nothing that man fears more than the touch of the unknown. He wants to see what is reaching towards him, and to be able to recognize or at least classify it. Man always tends to avoid physical contact with anything strange.
Did I put them in contact with the people to acquire them? Yes. Did I educate them on how to use them properly, and what way, shape, or form, and when, and with what supplements? Yes. Absolutely.
Crowds are the most difficult thing for me these days because I have to walk with my head down and my eyes averted. There's still that part of me that wants to hold my head up, make eye contact and smile.
If I had to name the number one asset you could have for any sport I'd say speed. In baseball, all a guy with speed has to do is make contact.
What fascinated me, it was not the glory, but the contact with the public.
Divine life is in touch with the whole universe on the analogy of the soul's contact with the body.
If I start to become a star, I'll lose contact with the normal guys I play best.
I think the sport of wrestling, which I became involved with at the age of 14... I competed until I was 34, kind of old for a contact sport. I coached the sport until I was 47. I think the discipline of wrestling has given me the discipline I have to write.
In the police force, two, three, five traitors are detected who are really working for someone else. When we cleanse the police of them, the problem will be simplified a lot. Terrorists will have no one to contact - they will be left without informers.
I have contact with no one involved in the trial.
Some guys say beauty is only skin deep. But when you walk into a party, you don't see somebody's brain. The initial contact has to be the sniffing.