• Noun: the quality of being at a refreshingly low temperature; example: "the cool of early morning"
• Noun: great coolness and composure under strain; example: "keep your cool"
• Verb: make cool or cooler; example: "Chill the food"
• Verb: loose heat; example: "The air cooled considerably after the thunderstorm"
• Verb: lose intensity; example: "His enthusiasm cooled considerably"
• Adj: neither warm nor very cold; giving relief from heat; examples: "a cool autumn day", "a cool room", "cool summer dresses", "cool drinks", "a cool breeze"
• Adj: marked by calm self-control (especially in trying circumstances); unemotional; examples: "play it cool", "keep cool", "stayed coolheaded in the crisis", "the most nerveless winner in the history of the tournament"
• Adj: (color) inducing the impression of coolness; used especially of greens and blues and violets; example: "cool greens and blues and violets"
• Adj: psychologically cool and unenthusiastic; unfriendly or unresponsive or showing dislike; examples: "relations were cool and polite", "a cool reception", "cool to the idea of higher taxes"
• Adj: (used of a number or sum) without exaggeration or qualification; example: "a cool million bucks"
• Adj: fashionable and attractive at the time; often skilled or socially adept; examples: "he's a cool dude", "that's cool", "Mary's dress is really cool", "it's not cool to arrive at a party too early"
When I think of the definition of cool and when I look at people, John Travolta is really the definition of cool because, not only is he great in all his movies, but, as a person, he's just really cool.
I've always been into guitars... we want to put keyboards on, but keyboard players don't look cool onstage, they just keep their heads down. There has never been a cool keyboard player, apart from Elton John.
You get to actually see the music video on the TV in the pilot and we have the soundtrack playing at this big party. I thought that was sort of a cool moment, to actually have the A-Ha video is pretty cool.
The alternative scene, for a couple years now, has been taken seriously and that's a cool thing. I don't think it's exploded or anything, but I think it's pretty cool that it still exists, it's still affecting people.
Look at Scottish guys wearing kilts - you could look at them and laugh, but the way they carry themselves, how can you? You can wear some of the weirdest things and be cool. If you believe in it, that's what makes it cool.
What people don't understand is joining a gang ain't bad, it's cool, it's fine. When you in the hood, joining a gang it's cool because all your friends are in the gang, all your family's in the gang. We're not just killing people every night, we're just hanging out, having a good time.
The second we see somebody on the street or meet someone, we make snap judgments about them, about who they are and why we wouldn't necessarily sit with them or why we would or what's cool or not cool.
I really liked the snake that breaks out of the cage in the beginning of the movie. I saw it in real life, and it was really cool. Really big and fat. The owls are cool as well, but you can't really pet them.
I'm a mirror. If you're cool with me, I'm cool with you, and the exchange starts. What you see is what you reflect. If you don't like what you see, then you've done something. If I'm standoffish, that's because you are.
Almost any film that you do is an opportunity to open you up and make you more aware of an area that you might not be thinking about. That's what is kind of cool, or one of the cool things about this profession.