• Noun: time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis; examples: "two days later they left", "they put on two performances every day", "there are 30,000 passengers per day"
• Noun: some point or period in time; examples: "it should arrive any day now", "after that day she never trusted him again", "those were the days", "these days it is not unusual"
• Noun: the time after sunrise and before sunset while it is light outside; examples: "the dawn turned night into day", "it is easier to make the repairs in the daytime"
• Noun: a day assigned to a particular purpose or observance; example: "Mother's Day"
• Noun: the recurring hours when you are not sleeping (especially those when you are working); examples: "my day began early this morning", "it was a busy day on the stock exchange", "she called it a day and went to bed"
• Noun: an era of existence or influence; examples: "in the day of the dinosaurs", "in the days of the Roman Empire", "in the days of sailing ships", "he was a successful pianist in his day"
• Noun: a period of opportunity; examples: "he deserves his day in court", "every dog has his day"
• Noun: the period of time taken by a particular planet (e.g. Mars) to make a complete rotation on its axis; example: "how long is a day on Jupiter?"
• Noun: the time for one complete rotation of the earth relative to a particular star, about 4 minutes shorter than a mean solar day
Some day Love shall claim his own Some day Right ascend his throne, Some day hidden Truth be known; Some day - some sweet day.
You are graduating from college. That means that this is the first day of the last day of your life. No, that's wrong. This is the last day of the first day of school. Nope, that's worse. This is a day.
Every day I shall put my papers in order and every day I shall say farewell. And the real farewell, when it comes, will only be a small outward confirmation of what has been accomplished within me from day to day.
Lose yourself in generous service and every day can be a most unusual day, a triumphant day, an abundantly rewarding day!
You can't wake up one day and say 'I'm for gay marriage,' and wake up the next day and say 'I'm against it.' Wake up one day and say, 'I'm pro-choice,' and the next day wake up and say, 'I'm pro-life.' There's no credibility there.
Day after day we must remember we can take freedom for granted. Day after day we must keep the bond between freedom and other values in mind.
Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.
I've never seen a schedule where you just go in two hours almost every day of the week and then all day on one day. Then you shoot it at night with an audience and you're out of there.
The recommended daily requirement for hugs is: four per day for survival, eight per day for maintenance, and twelve per day for growth.
We provide food that customers love, day after day after day. People just want more of it.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity.
Be true to yourself, help others, make each day your masterpiece, make friendship a fine art, drink deeply from good books - especially the Bible, build a shelter against a rainy day, give thanks for your blessings and pray for guidance every day.
Part of every misery is, so to speak, the misery's shadow or reflection: the fact that you don't merely suffer but have to keep on thinking about the fact that you suffer. I not only live each endless day in grief, but live each day thinking about living each day in grief.
You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own. It's just a matter of paying attention to this miracle.
The big thing is hydrating the day before the race. I will have 20 ounces of water right when I get up in the morning the day before, and I'll drink throughout the day.
I practiced for at least two hours every day for twenty years, before then I practiced maybe four to five hours a day, and before then 14 hours a day. It was all I had ever done.
That day, my first day on the job, was September 11, 2001! I was actually being recognized by Switzerland the very day that the World Trade Center was hit.
Mother's Day is a torment if your mother is dead. Valentine's Day is a torment if you don't got one. And at some point in our lives, we will be tormented by Valentine's Day even if we're relatively lucky in love.
These rovers are living on borrowed time. We're so past warranty on them. You try to push them hard every day because we're living day to day.
The day will come, however, when they will truly know the Unification Church and me. The day will come when the truth will be known and the message of love will be taught. On that day, their regret will be deep.