• Noun: act of improving by expanding or enlarging or refining; examples: "he congratulated them on their development of a plan to meet the emergency", "they funded research and development"
• Noun: a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage); examples: "the development of his ideas took many years", "the evolution of Greek civilization", "the slow development of her skill as a writer"
• Noun: a recent event that has some relevance for the present situation; examples: "recent developments in Iraq", "what a revolting development!"
• Noun: the act of making some area of land or water more profitable or productive or useful; examples: "the development of Alaskan resources", "the exploitation of copper deposits"
• Noun: a district that has been developed to serve some purpose; example: "such land is practical for small park developments"
• Noun: a state in which things are improving; the result of developing (as in the early part of a game of chess); examples: "after he saw the latest development he changed his mind and became a supporter", "in chess your should take care of your development before moving your queen"
• Noun: (biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level; example: "he proposed an indicator of osseous development in children"
• Noun: processing a photosensitive material in order to make an image visible; example: "the development and printing of his pictures took only two hours"
• Noun: (music) the section of a composition or movement (especially in sonata form) where the major musical themes are developed and elaborated
We do not have a budget support. We are now fully independent in terms of requirements, but we still have a need for development assistance separate from the budget. So all the economic aid we receive is for development assistance.
It's funny, because 'Arrested Development' is tied to Andy Richter in a few different ways. For me personally, after I did Andy Richter, one of the next things I did was a show called 'Quintuplets' for a season for Fox, and this was while 'Arrested Development' was on. I used to go over and hang out on their set.
In a way, the history of jazz's development is a small mirror of classical music's development through the centuries. Now jazz is a living form of original music, while classical music has gotten to the end of its cycle in terms of exploring its form.
I was criticized at some level within the Republican Party by those who say government should not be in the economic development business at all. My response is that the only country I know that doesn't have an economic development plan is Papa New Guinea.
Useful as a war against France, undertaken by the Government against the will of the people would be for our revolutionary development, just so dangerous must be the effect upon our democratic development of a war supported by blind popular enthusiasm.
The realization of a sustainable economic development strategy for Maine's Native American communities has always been a priority and a critical element of my administration's overall economic development strategy.
Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, man does not lose his being in the society in which he lives. Man's life is independent. He is born not for the development of the society alone, but for the development of his self.
And then we've got Blades of Glory, and we've got Brothers Solomon, and I've got a script in development with this guy Chuck Martin who used to write on Arrested, and, you know, we have a few things in various stages of development.
We have in this country a federal government that increasingly is engaged in trying to determine which business, which regions, which industries will succeed, which will not through a whole range of economic development, regional development corporate subsidization programs.