• Noun: a series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep; example: "I had a dream about you last night"
• Noun: a cherished desire; example: "his ambition is to own his own business"
• Noun: imaginative thoughts indulged in while awake; example: "he lives in a dream that has nothing to do with reality"
• Noun: a fantastic but vain hope (from fantasies induced by the opium pipe); example: "I have this pipe dream about being emperor of the universe"
• Noun: a state of mind characterized by abstraction and release from reality; example: "he went about his work as if in a dream"
• Noun: someone or something wonderful; example: "this dessert is a dream"
• Verb: have a daydream; indulge in a fantasy
• Verb: experience while sleeping; examples: "She claims to never dream", "He dreamt a strange scene"
Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not. Responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it. Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away.
It's just incredible. When you're French, coming from a non-English language country, you don't even dream about Oscar recognition or nominations. It's just beyond the dream. It's something very, very special and unique. It's the highest recognition any filmmaker could dream of.