• Adj: at or near the beginning of a period of time or course of events or before the usual or expected time; examples: "early morning", "an early warning", "early diagnosis", "an early death", "took early retirement", "an early spring", "early varieties of peas and tomatoes mature before most standard varieties"
• Adj: being or occurring at an early stage of development; examples: "in an early stage", "early forms of life", "early man", "an early computer"
• Adj: belonging to the distant past; examples: "the early inhabitants of Europe", "former generations", "in other times"
• Adj: very young; example: "at an early age"
• Adj: of an early stage in the development of a language or literature; examples: "the Early Hebrew alphabetical script is that used mainly from the 11th to the 6th centuries B.C.", "Early Modern English is represented in documents printed from 1476 to 1700"
• Adj: expected in the near future; example: "look for an early end to the negotiations"
• Adv: during an early stage; example: "early on in her career"
• Adv: before the usual time or the time expected; examples: "she graduated early", "the house was completed ahead of time"
• Adv: in good time; example: "he awoke betimes that morning"
To be a gourmet you must start early, as you must begin riding early to be a good horseman. You must live in France, your father must have been a gourmet. Nothing in life must interest you but your stomach.
My diet is mostly chicken and fish. I make sure I get a lot of vegetables, a lot of fruit. I am a big fruit man, I am a vegetable man anyway. And I also get a lot of rest. That's the key I may be up early, but I'm in bed early too.
I do remember how it was to be poor. I do remember that in my early years, we had to grow and raise all of our food, even our animals. And I remember in my early life, we didn't even have electricity. So it was very, very hard times then.
What we learned quite early on is what was really important to early British pop that we produced-and this is where we were distinct from almost everybody else in this respect-is that it had to reflect exactly what the audience wanted us to say.
I now resolved to go to bed early, with a firm purpose of also rising early the next day to revisit this charming walk; for I thought to myself, I have now seen this temple of the modern world imperfectly; I have seen it only by moonlight.
Not only that, but when I first met Joe, to my intense delight, he showed me that he was a collector. He was collecting some of the early Tarzan pages by Hal Foster, and, later, early Flash Gordons; and I found that we were both absolutely interested in the same type of thing.
It was always something I knew I was capable of and from an early age my mother was involved in the film industry. She used to work at a production company. So I was exposed to a renaissance period of films in New Zealand back in the early 80's.
I know about having days off. They can be helpful sometimes, especially late in the year. It's just key to go out there and establish early, especially in this park where they can put up some crooked numbers early.