• Adj: posing no difficulty; requiring little effort; examples: "an easy job", "an easy problem", "an easy victory", "the house is easy to heat", "satisfied with easy answers", "took the easy way out of his dilemma"
• Adj: not hurried or forced; examples: "an easy walk around the block", "at a leisurely (or easygoing) pace"
• Adj: free from worry or anxiety; examples: "knowing that I had done my best, my mind was easy", "an easy good-natured manner", "by the time the chsild faced the actual problem of reading she was familiar and at ease with all the elements words"
• Adj: affording pleasure; example: "easy good looks"
• Adj: having little impact; examples: "an easy pat on the shoulder", "gentle rain", "a gentle breeze", "a soft (or light) tapping at the window"
• Adj: readily exploited or tricked; examples: "an easy victim", "an easy mark"
• Adj: in fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich; examples: "they were comfortable or even wealthy by some standards", "easy living", "a prosperous family", "his family is well-situated financially", "well-to-do members of the community"
• Adj: marked by moderate steepness; examples: "an easy climb", "a gentle slope"
• Adj: not strict; examples: "an easy teacher", "easy standards", "lenient rules", "an easy penalty"
• Adj: affording comfort; example: "soft light that was easy on the eyes"
• Adj: casual and unrestrained in sexual behavior; examples: "her easy virtue", "he was told to avoid loose (or light) women", "wanton behavior"
• Adj: less in demand and therefore readily obtainable; example: "commodities are easy this quarter"
• Adj: obtained with little effort or sacrifice, often obtained illegally; example: "easy money"
• Adv: with ease (`easy' is sometimes used informally for `easily'); examples: "she was easily excited", "was easily confused", "he won easily", "this china breaks very easily", "success came too easy"
• Adv: without speed (`slow' is sometimes used informally for `slowly'); examples: "he spoke slowly", "go easy here--the road is slippery", "glaciers move tardily", "please go slow so I can see the sights"
• Adv: in a relaxed manner; or without hardship; example: "just wanted to take it easy" (`soft' is nonstandard"
I thought he was an interesting central figure, central character, one who is definitely not your typical central character figure in a film, who's easy to like. He's not easy to like. It forces you to involve yourself with what's going on.
It was easy to persecute me without people feeling ashamed. It was easy to vilify me and project me as a woman who was not following the tradition of a 'good African woman' and as a highly educated elitist who was trying to show innocent African women ways of doing things that were not acceptable to African men.
One of the great things about being recognized is that you receive this feedback from people. It is easy to see how sincere people are. It's nothing fake or jive. They're giving sincere appreciation. And it's not that easy to express.
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.