• Noun: a social unit living together; examples: "he moved his family to Virginia", "It was a good Christian household", "I waited until the whole house was asleep", "the teacher asked how many people made up his home"
• Noun: primary social group; parents and children; example: "he wanted to have a good job before starting a family"
• Noun: people descended from a common ancestor; example: "his family has lived in Massachusetts since the Mayflower"
• Noun: a collection of things sharing a common attribute; example: "there are two classes of detergents"
• Noun: an association of people who share common beliefs or activities; examples: "the message was addressed not just to employees but to every member of the company family", "the church welcomed new members into its fellowship"
• Noun: (biology) a taxonomic group containing one or more genera; example: "sharks belong to the fish family"
• Noun: a person having kinship with another or others; examples: "he's kin", "he's family"
• Noun: a loose affiliation of gangsters in charge of organized criminal activities
There is also work to do in the evolution of a stable family life and values, and in ensuring that the Nigerian family is built on core values that will form the bedrock of the future society. We must showcase the ideals of family life and be models of family values.
If you search for poverty, you'll find it, often in the family. Why? Because the family makes this great investment, from which we all benefit, but for which no-one helps. We have to point the spotlight on the family, and make political choices that sustain the family.
When you look at a family, if you have a family that never interacts with each other, never has strong conversation with each other, never has disagreements, nine times out of ten you have a very cold family and they're not going to be, at the end, they're not going to be close.
I went to professional men's soccer games, the old North American soccer league at that time, and I used to be a ticket holder with my family and family friends. We would go every weekend and I thought it was great, but I just thought of it as recreation, as family fun.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights describes the family as the natural and fundamental unit of society. It follows that any choice and decision with regard to the size of the family must irrevocably rest with the family itself, and cannot be made by anyone else.
At the moment I have my family coming out with me on the road. We have our own vehicle and it's more like a family vacation. I just stop, do some gigs, and take off. It's a lot more fun now with the family.
And having a strong family, you know we've lost some members of our family and had some setbacks, but I think a good family and kids all those things I thought at one time... you got to be kidding me... Those things are so important they enable you to go on.
It's true, Christmas can feel like a lot of work, particularly for mothers. But when you look back on all the Christmases in your life, you'll find you've created family traditions and lasting memories. Those memories, good and bad, are really what help to keep a family together over the long haul.
When I came back from filming 'Abduction', I told my agent: I'm staying in London now. If it takes doing children's theater from the back of a van in Kilburn, that's OK. I need to be with my family. My job is to keep the family together and provide for them.