• Noun: a terrorist organization that seeks to overthrow the government dominated by Tutsi and to institute Hutu control again; example: "in 1999 ALIR guerrillas kidnapped and killed eight foreign tourists"
• Adj: at a great distance in time or space or degree; examples: "we come from a far country", "far corners of the earth", "the far future", "a far journey", "the far side of the road", "far from the truth", "far in the future"
• Adj: being of a considerable distance or length; example: "a far trek"
• Adj: being the animal or vehicle on the right or being on the right side of an animal or vehicle; examples: "the horse on the right is the far horse", "the right side is the far side of the horse"
• Adj: beyond a norm in opinion or actions; example: "the far right"
• Adv: to a considerable degree; very much; examples: "a far far better thing that I do", "felt far worse than yesterday", "eyes far too close together"
• Adv: at or to or from a great distance in space; examples: "he traveled far", "strayed far from home", "sat far away from each other"
• Adv: at or to a certain point or degree; examples: "I can only go so far before I have to give up", "how far can we get with this kind of argument?"
• Adv: remote in time; examples: "if we could see far into the future", "all that happened far in the past"
• Adv: to an advanced stage or point; example: "a young man who will go very far"
I want to see far more decisions taken far closer to the patients, the passengers and the pupils. Far more power for locally and regionally elected politicians who understand best the needs of their areas. And far more say too for the dedicated staff at all levels in health and education.
I was accustomed to being in far, far riskier environments. So I thought going into that canyon was a walk in the park - there were no avalanches, it was a beautiful day and I was essentially just walking.
What I'm not saying is that all government spending is bad. It's not - far, far from it, but there is no free lunch, as a former colleague of mine used to say. There is no public tooth fairy. Father Christmas does not work on the Treasury staff this year. You can never bail someone out of trouble without putting someone else into trouble.
Marvel has put out good product. DC has put out good product. Even Image has put out good product, as far as I'm concerned... although it's few and far between. But it's not getting recognized, no matter who's doing it.
A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand. Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain?