• Noun: a display of bad temper; examples: "he had a fit", "she threw a tantrum", "he made a scene"
• Noun: a sudden uncontrollable attack; examples: "a paroxysm of giggling", "a fit of coughing", "convulsions of laughter"
• Noun: the manner in which something fits; example: "I admired the fit of her coat"
• Noun: a sudden flurry of activity (often for no obvious reason); examples: "a burst of applause", "a fit of housecleaning"
• Verb: be agreeable or acceptable to; example: "This suits my needs"
• Verb: be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired; example: "This piece won't fit into the puzzle"
• Verb: satisfy a condition or restriction; example: "Does this paper meet the requirements for the degree?"
• Verb: make fit; examples: "fit a dress", "He fitted other pieces of paper to his cut-out"
• Verb: insert or adjust several objects or people; examples: "Can you fit the toy into the box?", "This man can't fit himself into our work environment"
• Verb: be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; examples: "The two stories don't agree in many details", "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check", "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
• Verb: conform to some shape or size; example: "How does this shirt fit?"
• Verb: provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose; example: "The expedition was equipped with proper clothing, food, and other necessities"
• Verb: make correspond or harmonize; example: "Match my sweater"
• Adj: meeting adequate standards for a purpose; examples: "a fit subject for discussion", "it is fit and proper that you be there", "water fit to drink", "fit for duty", "do as you see fit to"
• Adj: (usually followed by `to' or `for') on the point of or strongly disposed; examples: "in no fit state to continue", "fit to drop", "laughing fit to burst", "she was fit to scream", "primed for a fight", "we are set to go at any time"
• Adj: physically and mentally sound or healthy; examples: "felt relaxed and fit after their holiday", "keeps fit with diet and exercise"
The clothes back in those days were made so much better than clothes are today. They actually took time to make clothes to fit a woman's body. Today they make clothes that fit sizes, so it stretches to fit this and that.
It's not like I was trying to be sexy but I had to get fit because I had to be able to do stunts. Also I wanted that, if Bond took his clothes off, he looked like a man who did what he did, which was kill people for a living. I thought the only way to do that was to work out and get fit and buff and get physically into shape.
Quality training is what I do now; before it was a combination of both quality and quantity. Now I'm not trying to be a world-class athlete, I don't need to train at that level. It's about being fit, fit for life.
A fact never went into partnership with a miracle. Truth scorns the assistance of wonders. A fact will fit every other fact in the universe, and that is how you can tell whether it is or is not a fact. A lie will not fit anything except another lie.
The painter... does not fit the paints to the world. He most certainly does not fit the world to himself. He fits himself to the paint. The self is the servant who bears the paintbox and its inherited contents.
In modeling, my height was a big challenge to overcome, because I was pretty much the shortest girl on the runway whenever I was doing the catwalk. The clothes didn't fit and the shoes didn't fit. It was an issue, but luckily, it didn't prevent me from working.