• Noun: the concentration of attention or energy on something; examples: "the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology", "he had no direction in his life"
• Noun: maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system; examples: "in focus", "out of focus"
• Noun: maximum clarity or distinctness of an idea; example: "the controversy brought clearly into focus an important difference of opinion"
• Noun: a central point or locus of an infection in an organism; example: "the focus of infection"
• Noun: special emphasis attached to something; example: "the stress was more on accuracy than on speed"
• Noun: a point of convergence of light (or other radiation) or a point from which it diverges
• Noun: a fixed reference point on the concave side of a conic section
• Verb: direct one's attention on something; example: "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
• Verb: cause to converge on or toward a central point; example: "Focus the light on this image"
• Verb: bring into focus or alignment; to converge or cause to converge; of ideas or emotions
• Verb: become focussed or come into focus; example: "The light focused"
• Verb: put (an image) into focus; we cannot enjoy the movie"; example: "Please focus the imag"
I'm not a very fancy person. I've been a writer a long time, and right now 'The Hunger Games' is getting a lot of focus. It'll pass. The focus will be on something else. It'll shift. It always does. And that seems just fine.
I think I usually have quite ordinary dreams. Sometimes my dreams take me to other dimensions. I can travel in my mind especially when I'm dreaming I focus my mind on what I want to dream. If I want to fly, I focus on flying.
When you're with your wife, you don't say I love you to your wife every day but the ways you look at her and your actions are another way to communicate. Don't focus on dialogue, only focus on what you're expressing.
No other group in America has so had their identity socialized out of existence as have black women... When black people are talked about the focus tends to be on black men; and when women are talked about the focus tends to be on white women.
I'm like a decathlete who does all of the events he's used to, but is being forced by certain circumstances to focus on three events, and being forced to focus on events that he wasn't that interested in, and also weren't his strongest events.
Great entrepreneurs focus intensely on an opportunity where others see nothing. This focus and intensity helps to eliminate wasted effort and distractions. Most companies die from indigestion rather than starvation, i.e., companies suffer from doing too many things at the same time rather than doing too few things very well.