• Noun: the person who plays the position of forward on a basketball team
• Noun: a position on a basketball team
• Verb: send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit; example: "forward my mail"
• Adj: at or near or directed toward the front; examples: "the forward section of the aircraft", "a forward plunge down the stairs", "forward motion"
• Adj: moving toward a position ahead; examples: "forward motion", "the onward course of events"
• Adj: used of temperament or behavior; lacking restraint or modesty; example: "a forward child badly in need of discipline"
• Adj: of the transmission gear causing forward movement in a motor vehicle; example: "in a forward gear"
• Adj: moving forward
• Adv: at or to or toward the front; (`forrad' and `forrard' are dialectal variations); examples: "he faced forward", "step forward", "she practiced sewing backward as well as frontward on her new sewing machine"
• Adv: forward in time or order or degree; examples: "from that time forth", "from the sixth century onward"
• Adv: toward the future; forward in time; examples: "I like to look ahead in imagination to what the future may bring", "I look forward to seeing you"
• Adv: in a forward direction; examples: "go ahead", "the train moved ahead slowly", "the boat lurched ahead", "moved onward into the forest", "they went slowly forward in the mud"
• Adv: near or toward the bow of a ship or cockpit of a plane; example: "the captain went fore (or forward) to check the instruments"
We can move America forward with a strong middle class. We can move America forward with a strong Democratic majority in the Senate. And together we can move America forward with Barack Obama in the White House.
I think I'm mostly looking forward to the college life. I'm looking forward to more freedom. Here everything is really structured and scheduled, but in college you've got to be more responsible and you can get things done on your own time. I'm really looking forward to that.
Well, the important message that we've always carried to China is that we look forward to your progress and prosperity, we look forward to you playing a role in the progress and prosperity of this region and we look forward to stability in your relations with others.
I'm looking forward to coming to SleuthFest I've heard so many good things about it from my writer friends. I'm looking forward to seeing my buddies and talking to readers who want to know about the way I work.
A man's delight in looking forward to and hoping for some particular satisfaction is a part of the pleasure flowing out of it, enjoyed in advance. But this is afterward deducted, for the more we look forward to anything the less we enjoy it when it comes.
I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you've done.
Even though this is late in an election year, there is no way we can go forward except together and no way anybody can win except by serving the people's urgent needs. We cannot stand still or slip backwards. We must go forward now together.
We're on the same radius from the Earth, and then we start to swing around to where we're ahead of them on the velocity vector, so we come in relative to the station from this forward velocity position and dock on to the forward end of the Lab.
I'm going to be looking forward, asked to be judged on my record, not taken back as has been the - in a sense, the tendency throughout politics in Northern Ireland, is to always look back, always look at what was said a long time ago, instead of looking forward.
Things can fall apart, or threaten to, for many reasons, and then there's got to be a leap of faith. Ultimately, when you're at the edge, you have to go forward or backward; if you go forward, you have to jump together.