• Noun: troops belonging to or allied with your own military forces; example: "friendlies came to their rescue"
• Adj: characteristic of or befitting a friend; examples: "friendly advice", "a friendly neighborhood", "the only friendly person here", "a friendly host and hostess"
• Adj: favorably disposed; not antagonistic or hostile; examples: "a government friendly to our interests", "an amicable agreement"
• Adj: easy to understand or use; examples: "user-friendly computers", "a consumer-friendly policy", "a reader-friendly novel"
• Adj: of or belonging to your own country's forces or those of an ally; examples: "in friendly territory", "he was accidentally killed by friendly fire"
Americans are very friendly and very suspicious, that is what Americans are and that is what always upsets the foreigner, who deals with them, they are so friendly how can they be so suspicious they are so suspicious how can they be so friendly but they just are.
Providing working Minnesotans with at least seven days of paid sick leave every year is the right thing to do to. It benefits our families and helps our businesses become more worker friendly and family friendly.
During last night's debate, John Kerry and John Edwards were so friendly to each other some political experts think that they may end up running together. In fact Kerry and Edwards were so friendly, President Bush accused them of planning a gay marriage.
Every single major push in education has made it worse and right now it's really bad because everything we've done is de-humanizing education. It's destroying the possibility of the teacher and the student having a warm, friendly, intellectual relationship.
Well, you have a defence attache here, that's a step forward. Your Defence Minister has been here, our defence people have exchanges with you. So friendly relations at the military level are already in existence.
When Governor Romney was out here, I told him, I said, 'we are following the formula of streamlining regulations, being job creating friendly, balancing budgets, cutting taxes, and, you know, using common sense. And if you get to be president, we are going to do more of that.'