• Noun: a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal); examples: "they concocted a plot to discredit the governor", "I saw through his little game from the start"
• Noun: a single play of a sport or other contest; example: "the game lasted two hours"
• Noun: a contest with rules to determine a winner; example: "you need four people to play this game"
• Noun: an amusement or pastime; examples: "they played word games", "he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time", "his life was all fun and games"
• Noun: animal hunted for food or sport
• Noun: the game equipment needed in order to play a particular game; example: "the child received several games for his birthday"
• Noun: your occupation or line of work; examples: "he's in the plumbing game", "she's in show biz"
• Noun: (games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win; examples: "the game is 6 all", "he is serving for the game"
• Noun: the flesh of wild animals that is used for food
• Noun: frivolous or trifling behavior; examples: "for actors, memorizing lines is no game", "for him, life is all fun and games"
• Verb: place a bet on; examples: "Which horse are you backing?", "I'm betting on the new horse"
• Adj: disabled in the feet or legs; examples: "a crippled soldier", "a game leg"
• Adj: willing to face danger
I think that the game is the game. I think that expansion is good for the game because it gives more jobs to the people and more ballplayers can play, but I think the game is still the game. The ballplayers, they come into the game with one thing in mind - it's their job.
Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's truly about the game, and in some ways that's about life too.
My first game, I played the first play of the game and called a timeout and got sat down, got benched for the rest of the game, and we won the game. It was the longest day of my life. Long day. Very embarrassing.
People buy a game because they like the game and they want to play the game. And there are certain characters in games that people like, obviously. I don't know if a certain character's voice or lack of a certain character's voice can cause somebody to buy or not buy a game.
I can evaluate a player in a very short period of time because I'm very close to that game, very educated in that game and played the game for a long, long time. I wasn't just a guy with talent. I learned a lot about the game.
I love the game, it's the greatest game on earth, that's why I can't understand all of this talk about trying to make the game better. People talk about the high strike zone and changing this and that. Why? To speed up the game? That's the beauty of baseball. There is no time element.
I appreciate the sentiment that I am a popular woman in computer gaming circles; but I prefer being thought of as a computer game designer rather than a woman computer game designer. I don't put myself into gender mode when designing a game.
You know that a given in life in human nature, is that at a sporting event, a baseball game, a football game, you never introduce a politician, is because he'll be booed. I don't care if he's the most beloved person in the world, its part of the game.
And so the idea was, well maybe you can take an Atari video game machine, where people plug in a game cartridge, and plug in a modem, and tie that into a telephone, and essentially turn that game in the machine into an interactive terminal.
Coming back in that AFC Championship Game against the Steelers, that was a poignant moment for me for a lot of reasons - the magnitude of the game and having not been able to play for quite a while and to be able to get on the field for that game. That one stands out.
He is a very positive captain; he is proactive as well as reactive. He is keen to read the game, to get in there, and he never stops thinking about the game, the situation, and trying to turn it to his advantage. He has been very good for the game.
If either player abandon the game by quitting the table in anger, or in an otherwise offensive manner; or by momentarily resigning the game; or refuses to abide by the decision of the Umpire, the game must be scored against him.
We're just going to come out and play. We know that we're supposed to win all the games, but if we don't, we just have to take the next game and focus on what we did wrong in the game before and just try to do better at the next game.
I liked the game, I enjoyed the game, and the game fed me enough, and gave me enough rewards to reinforce that this is something that I should spend time doing, and that I could possibly make a priority in my life, versus other sports.
A lot of people think international relations is like a game of chess. But it's not a game of chess, where people sit quietly, thinking out their strategy, taking their time between moves. It's more like a game of billiards, with a bunch of balls clustered together.