Sell also: adept, beneficial, commodity, dear, dependable, effective, estimable, expert, full, goodness, honorable, just, near, practiced, proficient, respectable, right, ripe, safe, salutary, secure, serious, skilful, skillful, sound, soundly, thoroughly, unspoiled, unspoilt, upright, well
• Noun: benefit; examples: "for your own good", "what's the good of worrying?"
• Noun: moral excellence or admirableness; example: "there is much good to be found in people"
• Noun: that which is pleasing or valuable or useful; examples: "weigh the good against the bad", "among the highest goods of all are happiness and self-realization"
• Noun: articles of commerce
• Adj: having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified; examples: "good news from the hospital", "a good report card", "when she was good she was very very good", "a good knife is one good for cutting", "this stump will make a good picnic table", "a good check", "a good joke", "a good exterior paint", "a good secretary", "a good dress for the office"
• Adj: having the normally expected amount; examples: "gives full measure", "gives good measure", "a good mile from here"
• Adj: morally admirable
• Adj: deserving of esteem and respect; examples: "all respectable companies give guarantees", "ruined the family's good name"
• Adj: promoting or enhancing well-being; examples: "an arms limitation agreement beneficial to all countries", "the beneficial effects of a temperate climate", "the experience was good for her"
• Adj: agreeable or pleasing; examples: "we all had a good time", "good manners"
• Adj: of moral excellence; examples: "a genuinely good person", "a just cause", "an upright and respectable man"
• Adj: having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude; examples: "adept in handicrafts", "an adept juggler", "an expert job", "a good mechanic", "a practiced marksman", "a proficient engineer", "a lesser-known but no less skillful composer", "the effect was achieved by skillful retouching"
• Adj: thorough; examples: "had a good workout", "gave the house a good cleaning"
• Adj: with or in a close or intimate relationship; examples: "a good friend", "my sisters and brothers are near and dear"
• Adj: financially sound; examples: "a good investment", "a secure investment"
• Adj: most suitable or right for a particular purpose; examples: "a good time to plant tomatoes", "the right time to act", "the time is ripe for great sociological changes"
• Adj: resulting favorably; examples: "its a good thing that I wasn't there", "it is good that you stayed", "it is well that no one saw you", "all's well that ends well"
• Adj: exerting force or influence; examples: "the law is effective immediately", "a warranty good for two years", "the law is already in effect (or in force)"
• Adj: capable of pleasing; example: "good looks"
• Adj: appealing to the mind; examples: "good music", "a serious book"
• Adj: in excellent physical condition; examples: "good teeth", "I still have one good leg", "a sound mind in a sound body"
• Adj: tending to promote physical well-being; beneficial to health; examples: "beneficial effects of a balanced diet", "a good night's sleep", "the salutary influence of pure air"
• Adj: not forged; example: "a good dollar bill"
• Adj: not left to spoil; example: "the meat is still good"
• Adj: generally admired; example: "good taste"
• Adv: (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well'); examples: "the children behaved well", "a task well done", "the party went well", "he slept well", "a well-argued thesis", "a well-seasoned dish", "a well-planned party", "the baby can walk pretty good"
• Adv: in a complete and thorough manner (`good' is sometimes used informally for `thoroughly'); examples: "he was soundly defeated", "we beat him good"
Depending on what day of the week it is and what time of the month it is, I'm a good friend or not a good friend. I'm more or less a good mom or not a good mom, more or less a good mate or not a good mate. That's just life, whether or not you're public.
Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good plays, good company, good conversation - what are they? They are the happiest people in the world.
The main foundations of every state, new states as well as ancient or composite ones, are good laws and good arms you cannot have good laws without good arms, and where there are good arms, good laws inevitably follow.
It's been important to me to be a good activist, a good thinker, a good musician, a good singer, and a good entertainer. You can't do it all, but I have walked those delicate lines as best I know how.
I have learned that you can't have good advertising without a good client, that you can't keep a good client without good advertising, and no client will ever buy better advertising than he understands or has an appetite for.
I think that we all know what evil is. We have a sense of what's evil, and certainly killing innocent people is evil. We're less sure about what is good. There's sort of good, good enough, could be better - but absolute good is a little harder to define.
The Sixth Sense is not a good white film. Insomnia is not a good white film. They're just good films. So why we can't we have good films that happen to have black people, or Asian, or Latino, or any other minority group in them?
Commitment is a big part of what I am and what I believe. How committed are you to winning? How committed are you to being a good friend? To being trustworthy? To being successful? How committed are you to being a good father, a good teammate, a good role model? There's that moment every morning when you look in the mirror: Are you committed, or are you not?
I'm a good son, a good father, a good husband - I've been married to the same woman for 30 years. I'm a good friend. I finished college, I have my education, I donate money anonymously. So when people criticize the kind of characters that I play on screen, I go, 'You know, that's part of history.'
Marvelous is the power which can be exercised, almost unconsciously, over a company, or an individual, or even upon a crowd by one person gifted with good temper, good digestion, good intellects, and good looks.