• Noun: a person who has achieved distinction and honor in some field; example: "he is one of the greats of American music"
• Adj: relatively large in size or number or extent; larger than others of its kind; examples: "a great juicy steak", "a great multitude", "the great auk", "a great old oak", "a great ocean liner", "a great delay"
• Adj: of major significance or importance; examples: "a great work of art", "Einstein was one of the outstanding figures of the 20th centurey"
• Adj: remarkable or out of the ordinary in degree or magnitude or effect; examples: "a great crisis", "had a great stake in the outcome"
• Adj: very good; examples: "he did a bully job", "a neat sports car", "had a great time at the party", "you look simply smashing"
• Adj: uppercase; examples: "capital A", "great A", "many medieval manuscripts are in majuscule script"
• Adj: marked by active interest and enthusiasm; examples: "an avid sports fan", "a great walker", "an eager beaver"
• Adj: in an advanced stage of pregnancy; examples: "was big with child", "was great with child"
There's only one test of a great children's book, or a great children's film, and that is this: If it can be read or viewed with pleasure by adults, then it has the chance to be a great children's film, or a great children's book.
You could name the great stars of the silent screen who were finished; the great directors gone; the great title writers who were washed up. But remember this, as long as you live: the producers didn't lose a man. They all made the switch. That's where the great talent is.
I'm working harder than ever now, and I'm putting on my pants the same as I always have. I just get up every day and try to do a little better than the day before, and that is to run a great restaurant with great food, great wine, and great service. That's my philosophy.
If you have a script that's not great, if you have a great director, you can make a great movie, but if you have a great script with a director who's not good, never are you going to have a good movie.
It's great if a pilot starts off great and if it doesn't start off so great it's not that big a deal: everybody's baby is born ugly. But you want to know, if given the opportunity: Where are we going? What's the story we're trying to tell?
If the guilt of sin is so great that nothing can satisfy it but the blood of Jesus; and the filth of sin is so great that nothing can fetch out the stain thereof but the blood of Jesus, how great, how heinous, how sinful must the evil of sin be.
Kolkata is a great city, has great food and great people. We had some problems finding the kind of old buildings we were looking for, and even handling the crowds, but on the whole it was fun shooting there.
Being the only girl, I feel a lot of pressure. I try not to think about it, but I definitely get in the gym a lot more frequently towards awards season. The guys always look great. They're both great looking and wear a good suit and a great tie and some awesome shoes and they're good to go. I'm like, 'I don't know what to do!'
Even though I don't write about things that come from my life because I'm lucky, and I live in a great place with great kids and, you know, a great husband, I think you can find threads of me in the characters, so that's really what being a writer is, probably.
I love Chicago. It's such a great town, and it's got great culture and great history, and it's not as extreme as LA or New York, and it's just- it's hard for me for work, because I don't live and work in the same place and that's tough. But I'm- I love it.
I turned on VH1 this morning just to get a little warm-up before I came over here, and I think it's just terrific. There's so much great stuff: diverse and wonderful music, good performances, great looking girls, great videos, the whole thing.