• Adj: not easy; requiring great physical or mental effort to accomplish or comprehend or endure; examples: "a difficult task", "nesting places on the cliffs are difficult of access", "difficult times", "a difficult child", "found himself in a difficult situation", "why is it so hard for you to keep a secret?"
• Adj: dispassionate; examples: "took a hard look", "a hard bargainer""
• Adj: resisting weight or pressure
• Adj: very strong or vigorous; examples: "strong winds", "a hard left to the chin", "a knockout punch", "a severe blow"
• Adj: characterized by toilsome effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort; examples: "worked their arduous way up the mining valley", "a grueling campaign", "hard labor", "heavy work", "heavy going", "spent many laborious hours on the project", "set a punishing pace"
• Adj: produced without vibration of the vocal cords; example: "unvoiced consonants such as `p' and `k' and `s'"
• Adj: (of light) transmitted directly from a pointed light source
• Adj: (of speech sounds); produced with the back of the tongue raised toward or touching the velum; example: "Russian distinguished between hard consonants and palatalized or soft consonants"
• Adj: given to excessive indulgence of bodily appetites especially for intoxicating liquors; example: "a hard drinker"
• Adj: being distilled rather than fermented; having a high alcoholic content; example: "hard liquor"
• Adj: unfortunate or hard to bear; examples: "had hard luck", "a tough break"
• Adj: dried out; example: "hard dry rolls left over from the day before"
• Adv: with effort or force or vigor; examples: "the team played hard", "worked hard all day", "pressed hard on the lever", "hit the ball hard", "slammed the door hard"
• Adv: with firmness; example: "held hard to the railing"
• Adv: earnestly or intently; examples: "thought hard about it", "stared hard at the accused"
• Adv: causing great damage or hardship; examples: "industries hit hard by the depression", "she was severely affected by the bank's failure"
• Adv: slowly and with difficulty; example: "prejudices die hard"
• Adv: indulging excessively; example: "he drank heavily"
• Adv: into a solid condition; example: "concrete that sets hard within a few hours"
• Adv: very near or close in space or time; examples: "it stands hard by the railroad tracks", "they were hard on his heels", "a strike followed hard upon the plant's opening"
• Adv: with pain or distress or bitterness; example: "he took the rejection very hard"
• Adv: to the full extent possible; all the way; examples: "hard alee", "the ship went hard astern", "swung the wheel hard left"
Yeah, that's what kind of, we get the idea a little bit yeah, because other people from different countries also try as hard as they can to get a medal or a gold medal in the Olympic Games. And you know, if they can work hard, we can work hard as well.
I think Pete did have a hard time as a kid with his appearance. But don't all kids have a hard time? God, I had a hard time, too. I was little with bow legs and rickets. I used to get picked on like everybody used to get picked on.
The fans in Dallas were hard on me my first year, but after having a great year last year they are now supporting me. It feels great to have my hard work pay off, especially when the fans made it hard for me.
I know that I'm going to have to work hard, keep working hard, and not because of this victory think, "I'm back." I don't think like that. I'll definitely work hard. Things are not going to be easy. I might lose first round next week. You never know.
I think I know I've been working very hard for the family business, sometimes those days are long days and I think if I know I'm working hard and pulling my weight, both working and playing hard at the same time, I think everyone who I work with can see I am there pulling my weight.
When a record company looks at me I'm very hard to market, I don't really fit anywhere, It's hard to get me on the air, and I'm hard to demography, but! because of that I'm not subject to trends like you pointed out.
I have worked very hard on being aware of my childhood but moving forward and not letting it bring me down emotionally. That is a hard thing - especially when you have children of your own and you remember what happened to you at that age.
It's hard to tell with these Internet startups if they're really interested in building companies or if they're just interested in the money. I can tell you, though: If they don't really want to build a company, they won't luck into it. That's because it's so hard that if you don't have a passion, you'll give up.
You see, without hard work and responsibility, there is no American Dream. Hard work lays the foundation. Our solidarity makes work pay - for all of us. For the greater good. That's what our vision of shared prosperity is all about.
Console game publishing has become more like theatrical release film-making and it is very hard if you are not one of the major publishers, and even for them it is hard unless they are working with major game brands.