• Noun: the locus of feelings and intuitions; examples: "in your heart you know it is true", "her story would melt your bosom"
• Noun: the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body; example: "he stood still, his heart thumping wildly"
• Noun: the courage to carry on; examples: "he kept fighting on pure spunk", "you haven't got the heart for baseball"
• Noun: an area that is approximately central within some larger region; examples: "it is in the center of town", "they ran forward into the heart of the struggle", "they were in the eye of the storm"
• Noun: the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; examples: "the gist of the prosecutor's argument", "the heart and soul of the Republican Party", "the nub of the story"
• Noun: an inclination or tendency of a certain kind; example: "he had a change of heart"
• Noun: a plane figure with rounded sides curving inward at the top and intersecting at the bottom; conventionally used on playing cards and valentines; example: "he drew a heart and called it a valentine"
• Noun: a firm rather dry variety meat (usually beef or veal); example: "a five-pound beef heart will serve six"
• Noun: a positive feeling of liking; examples: "he had trouble expressing the affection he felt", "the child won everyone's heart", "the warmness of his welcome made us feel right at home"
• Noun: a playing card in the major suit that has one or more red hearts on it; examples: "he led the queen of hearts", "hearts were trumps"
My daughter, when she was a week old, was diagnosed with congenital heart disease. For the past thirteen years, she's had four major heart surgeries. She's a candidate for - and must have - heart replacement surgery in order to have a long life.
My writing, like everything I do, comes profoundly from my heart. I believe that if you follow your heart you will be successful in one way or another. Old-fashioned as that might sound, the philosophy is true.
I grabbed my mom and I went to the couch and I said, 'Mom I want to ask Jesus to come into my heart.' And I got on my knee and I asked Jesus to come into my heart, forgive me of my sins, and make me a child of God.
My imagination completely controls me, and forever feeds the fire that burns with dark red light in my heart by bringing me the best dreams. I've always had a wild imagination, a big heart and a tortured soul so I feel that dark fantasy, love and horror are in my blood.
It's not like we have a formula, but I think one of the reasons this show has survived is that it has a big heart at its center. Other cartoon shows have people crap on each other and make racist jokes. But I don't think people tune in for that. I just don't think a show lasts for 10 years without a heart.
Now how many people in their heart of hearts in that community want to see the demise of this country? How many would cheer, not out loud maybe, but in their heart when things like 9/11 occur and I'll tell you; it's a majority among them.
There is a powerful need for symbolism, and that means the architecture must have something that appeals to the human heart. There is a powerful need for symbolism, and that means the architecture must have something that appeals to the human heart.
The radical novelty of modern science lies precisely in the rejection of the belief, which is at the heart of all popular religion, that the forces which move the stars and atoms are contingent upon the preferences of the human heart.
When I turned 30, due to my father's heart history and my family genetics, I vowed to start seeing a cardiologist every year and just really be proactive and take my own heart health into my own hands.