• Noun: any place of pain and turmoil; examples: "the hell of battle", "the inferno of the engine room", "when you're alone Christmas is the pits""
• Noun: a cause of difficulty and suffering; examples: "war is hell", "go to blazes"
• Noun: (Christianity) the abode of Satan and the forces of evil; where sinners suffer eternal punishment; examples: "Hurl'd headlong...To bottomless perdition, there to dwell"- John Milto", "a demon from the depths of the pit"
• Noun: (religion) the world of the dead; example: "he didn't want to go to hell when he died"
• Noun: violent and excited activity; example: "they began to fight like sin"
• Noun: noisy and unrestrained mischief; example: "raising blazes"
In this country, don't forget, a habit is no damn private hell. There's no solitary confinement outside of jail. A habit is hell for those you love. And in this country it's the worst kind of hell for those who love you.
What I heard was that Bush is now positioned to have victory after victory. He'll have Social Security reform passed, that he'll have tax reform passed, that he'll have conservative judges on the courts.
I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.