• Noun: an often persistent bodily disorder or disease; a cause for complaining
• Adj: affected by an impairment of normal physical or mental function; example: "ill from the monotony of his suffering"
• Adj: resulting in suffering or adversity; examples: "ill effects", "it's an ill wind that blows no good"
• Adj: distressing; examples: "ill manners", "of ill repute"
• Adj: indicating hostility or enmity; examples: "you certainly did me an ill turn", "ill feelings", "ill will"
• Adj: presaging ill fortune; examples: "ill omens", "ill predictions", "my words with inauspicious thunderings shook heaven"- P.B.Shelle", "a dead and ominous silence prevailed", "a by-election at a time highly unpropitious for the Government"
• Adv: (`ill' is often used as a combining form) in a poor or improper or unsatisfactory manner; not well; examples: "he was ill prepared", "it ill befits a man to betray old friends", "the car runs badly", "he performed badly on the exam", "the team played poorly", "ill-fitting clothes", "an ill-conceived plan"
• Adv: unfavorably or with disapproval; examples: "tried not to speak ill of the dead", "thought badly of him for his lack of concern"
• Adv: with difficulty or inconvenience; scarcely or hardly; example: "we can ill afford to buy a new car just now"
As far as my street cred goes, I'll always have that, because I always hang with the kids. I'll jump right off the stage and buy them a beer. I'll be a star on stage, but I'll always hang with the kids.
When you're a chef, you graze. You never get a chance to sit down and eat. They don't actually sit down and eat before you cook. So when I finish work, the first thing I'll do, and especially when I'm in New York, I'll go for a run. And I'll run 10 or 15k on my - and I run to gain my appetite.
I was from such a large family that when I first met my wife, I told her: 'You can go work outside of the house and I'll stay home and continue making my cartoon strips. Maybe I'll make some commercials nearby, you know I'll do anything locally, but I would love to just stay at home and raise the kids like I did when I was growing up.'
You know. I'll try anything. I'll do anything. I'll explore. Try different takes. All that kind of stuff to do sometimes, to do good performances, but always conducive to having a good time creatively.
I'll always stay connected with Apple. I hope that throughout my life I'll sort of have the thread of my life and the thread of Apple weave in and out of each other, like a tapestry. There may be a few years when I'm not there, but I'll always come back.
The things that got me through grade school are helping me out later in life. It's like, I show up on time. If you buy a ticket to one of my shows, I'll show up. I'll be there. And if it says 10:00, I'll be on stage at 10:00.
I said 'well, I'll kiss her twice, you see? We'll come around, I'll kiss her, and if you put a little more track down for the camera, then I'll put my tongue down her throat and you'll get what you want'. He said 'You think so?'
I'll be in Los Angeles for two weeks and I'll have a laugh, get battered and have a buzz, but at the end of the day, I'll go home. It's just me earning a few more stories to tell everyone at home and all.
Fans are my favorite thing in the world. I've never been the type of artist who has that line drawn between their friends and their fans. The line's always been really blurred for me. I'll hang out with them after the show. I'll hang out with them before the show. If I see them in the mall, I'll stand there and talk to them for 10 minutes.
If I have a choice between putting my kids to bed and going to a party, I'll put my kids to bed. If I have a choice of going to a restaurant or having friends round, I'll have friends round. Every time.