• Adj: used especially of what is legally or ethically right or proper or fitting; examples: "a just and lasting peace"- A.Lincol", "a kind and just man", "a just reward", "his just inheritance"
• Adj: implying justice dictated by reason, conscience, and a natural sense of what is fair to all; examples: "equitable treatment of all citizens", "an equitable distribution of gifts among the children"
• Adj: free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception; or conforming with established standards or rules; examples: "a fair referee", "fair deal", "on a fair footing", "a fair fight", "by fair means or foul"
• Adj: of moral excellence; examples: "a genuinely good person", "a just cause", "an upright and respectable man"
• Adv: and nothing more; examples: "I was merely asking", "it is simply a matter of time", "just a scratch", "he was only a child", "hopes that last but a moment"
• Adv: indicating exactness or preciseness; examples: "he was doing precisely (or exactly) what she had told him to do", "it was just as he said--the jewel was gone", "it has just enough salt"
• Adv: only a moment ago; examples: "he has just arrived", "the sun just now came out"
• Adv: absolutely; examples: "I just can't take it anymore", "he was just grand as Romeo", "it's simply beautiful!"
• Adv: by a small margin; examples: "they could barely hear the speaker", "we hardly knew them", "just missed being hit", "had scarcely rung the bell when the door flew open", "would have scarce arrived before she would have found some excuse to leave"- W.B.Yeat"
Typically in horror films the character just services the plot, and you really are just going from 'point a' to 'point b,' just so that you can end up at 'point c.' They are just sort of stick characters. That's just not interesting to me.
I would call it a comedy variety show. We have some people just doing straight standup. We usually try to have one musical act of sort. So its just people being funny in different ways, not just sketch, not just standup, not just characters, all of those things.
Just as the soul fills the body, so God fills the world. Just as the soul bears the body, so God endures the world. Just as the soul sees but is not seen, so God sees but is not seen. Just as the soul feeds the body, so God gives food to the world.
Normally, what I do for fun is just nothing. I try to just relax. Normally, it involves just relaxing and reading and maybe going out and meeting up with a friend. I live a very simple existence. I would much rather just sit around and listen to a couple of records and read the paper.
Just look at my face. Its an extraordinary experience. All of my friends who are grandparents have been saying, just wait, a bit cynically, but its just extraordinary. You feel like a child again yourself. Just walking on air.
The idea is that we're doing it just for the joy of the actual physical experience. We may record something just for the fun of it, but the idea is just to be truly joyful and truly fun, especially for me, because I take myself too seriously all the time.
There's people that are just in awe of what you do, and then there are people who just think it's garbage. And I think there are people who are just uncomfortable seeing someone have fun with their job.
Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is, 'We are above that now. We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something.' I mean, in a way, Obama's standing above the country, above - above the world. He's sort of God. He's going to bring all different sides together.
It is spectacular. From about five minutes in, when we knew for sure that we were going to have the weather to go, the smile on my face just got bigger and bigger, and I was just beaming through the whole launch. I mean, it is just an amazing ride.
Well, just coming off the stage and there's like 180,000 people out there and your adrenaline is going so high, and you're doing so much and it's hard to just put your head on the pillow and sleep because it just goes on and on, even after you're off the stage.
The '80s were fabulous. The '90s sucked, and the '70s were just a sad, sad time in human history. Go 1980s! There's something that's just so cute about that time. And not just yellow nail polish and 'I'm a loner.'
For me, its like go ahead and eat. Live your life. I mean, I've just seen so much death, you know, as of late, being in my 40s, of people getting sick or, you know, whatever, that I just feel like, you know what? You never know with life. Eat. Enjoy yourself. Just try to be healthy and, you know, and watch it.
I never understood why when you died, you didn't just vanish, everything could just keep going on the way it was only you just wouldn't be there. I always thought I'd like my own tombstone to be blank. No epitaph, and no name. Well, actually, I'd like it to say 'figment.'