• Adj: used especially of what is legally or ethically right or proper or fitting; examples: "a just and lasting peace"- A.Lincol", "a kind and just man", "a just reward", "his just inheritance"
• Adj: implying justice dictated by reason, conscience, and a natural sense of what is fair to all; examples: "equitable treatment of all citizens", "an equitable distribution of gifts among the children"
• Adj: free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception; or conforming with established standards or rules; examples: "a fair referee", "fair deal", "on a fair footing", "a fair fight", "by fair means or foul"
• Adj: of moral excellence; examples: "a genuinely good person", "a just cause", "an upright and respectable man"
• Adv: and nothing more; examples: "I was merely asking", "it is simply a matter of time", "just a scratch", "he was only a child", "hopes that last but a moment"
• Adv: indicating exactness or preciseness; examples: "he was doing precisely (or exactly) what she had told him to do", "it was just as he said--the jewel was gone", "it has just enough salt"
• Adv: only a moment ago; examples: "he has just arrived", "the sun just now came out"
• Adv: absolutely; examples: "I just can't take it anymore", "he was just grand as Romeo", "it's simply beautiful!"
• Adv: by a small margin; examples: "they could barely hear the speaker", "we hardly knew them", "just missed being hit", "had scarcely rung the bell when the door flew open", "would have scarce arrived before she would have found some excuse to leave"- W.B.Yeat"
Typically in horror films the character just services the plot, and you really are just going from 'point a' to 'point b,' just so that you can end up at 'point c.' They are just sort of stick characters. That's just not interesting to me.
I would call it a comedy variety show. We have some people just doing straight standup. We usually try to have one musical act of sort. So its just people being funny in different ways, not just sketch, not just standup, not just characters, all of those things.
Just look at my face. Its an extraordinary experience. All of my friends who are grandparents have been saying, just wait, a bit cynically, but its just extraordinary. You feel like a child again yourself. Just walking on air.
Just as the soul fills the body, so God fills the world. Just as the soul bears the body, so God endures the world. Just as the soul sees but is not seen, so God sees but is not seen. Just as the soul feeds the body, so God gives food to the world.
Normally, what I do for fun is just nothing. I try to just relax. Normally, it involves just relaxing and reading and maybe going out and meeting up with a friend. I live a very simple existence. I would much rather just sit around and listen to a couple of records and read the paper.
But those audiences in Spain, they were just so stoned. I don't like playing to audiences like that because they just don't do anything. I'm up here with my band and we're working really hard and they are just stoned.
Well just meeting J. K. Rowling was amazing because she created all this world. And all the fans, we all get so obsessed with it and then you met the one person who made it all up. It was just so amazing. And I was just so amazed that that she wrote this book and all of the films have happened.
Hollywood is the place to be for actors - and there's just a big rush when an Australian comes over just because there's less of them. I guess that's just how it is. Like if you pick a pink jellybean out of a jar of green ones it'd be amazing, but if you pick a green one, no one will care.
I just didn't like the idea of doing reunions, period. I could only see it as I'd just be going over the same old ground. I'm only years older and fatter and I'll just do an older, fatter version of me.
There's people that are just in awe of what you do, and then there are people who just think it's garbage. And I think there are people who are just uncomfortable seeing someone have fun with their job.
Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is, 'We are above that now. We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something.' I mean, in a way, Obama's standing above the country, above - above the world. He's sort of God. He's going to bring all different sides together.
Anybody can have this body if you do enough sit-ups and you just make a decision that 'Every day, I'm going to work out.' There are some days that I just don't feel like doing it, and I don't. But more often than not I get up and I get on the treadmill that I want to shoot and just do it. The first 20 minutes are the hardest.
I just think people have a lot of fiction. But, you know, I mean, the real story of Facebook is just that we've worked so hard for all this time. I mean, the real story is actually probably pretty boring, right? I mean, we just sat at our computers for six years and coded.
Sometimes I don't even pull my shoes off for six weeks at a time, except, you know, just to take a shower. I just take breaks between 24 hours a day, just a break now and then, it don't take me long to rest; maybe 20 to30 minutes sometime, or maybe an hour.