• Adj: used especially of what is legally or ethically right or proper or fitting; examples: "a just and lasting peace"- A.Lincol", "a kind and just man", "a just reward", "his just inheritance"
• Adj: implying justice dictated by reason, conscience, and a natural sense of what is fair to all; examples: "equitable treatment of all citizens", "an equitable distribution of gifts among the children"
• Adj: free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception; or conforming with established standards or rules; examples: "a fair referee", "fair deal", "on a fair footing", "a fair fight", "by fair means or foul"
• Adj: of moral excellence; examples: "a genuinely good person", "a just cause", "an upright and respectable man"
• Adv: and nothing more; examples: "I was merely asking", "it is simply a matter of time", "just a scratch", "he was only a child", "hopes that last but a moment"
• Adv: indicating exactness or preciseness; examples: "he was doing precisely (or exactly) what she had told him to do", "it was just as he said--the jewel was gone", "it has just enough salt"
• Adv: only a moment ago; examples: "he has just arrived", "the sun just now came out"
• Adv: absolutely; examples: "I just can't take it anymore", "he was just grand as Romeo", "it's simply beautiful!"
• Adv: by a small margin; examples: "they could barely hear the speaker", "we hardly knew them", "just missed being hit", "had scarcely rung the bell when the door flew open", "would have scarce arrived before she would have found some excuse to leave"- W.B.Yeat"
I would call it a comedy variety show. We have some people just doing straight standup. We usually try to have one musical act of sort. So its just people being funny in different ways, not just sketch, not just standup, not just characters, all of those things.
Typically in horror films the character just services the plot, and you really are just going from 'point a' to 'point b,' just so that you can end up at 'point c.' They are just sort of stick characters. That's just not interesting to me.
Just as the soul fills the body, so God fills the world. Just as the soul bears the body, so God endures the world. Just as the soul sees but is not seen, so God sees but is not seen. Just as the soul feeds the body, so God gives food to the world.
Just look at my face. Its an extraordinary experience. All of my friends who are grandparents have been saying, just wait, a bit cynically, but its just extraordinary. You feel like a child again yourself. Just walking on air.
Normally, what I do for fun is just nothing. I try to just relax. Normally, it involves just relaxing and reading and maybe going out and meeting up with a friend. I live a very simple existence. I would much rather just sit around and listen to a couple of records and read the paper.
We're just into toys, whether it's motorcycles or race cars or computers. I've got the Palm Pilot right here with me, I've got the world's smallest phone. Maybe it's just because I'm still a big little kid and I just love toys, you know?
There's like ten minutes when it's like, 'Okay, wait, who is this guy again?' And then, you know, I just put on the calculator watch and the glasses, and just be all, you know, inappropriate. And then it just works out fine.
Don't ever know who you may meet, or just because a person may not be dressed up all fancy, don't mean they're not an important person. You just don't ever know who you're gonna meet in life. So that's why I look at everybody as equal. Can't just judge. I treat everybody with respect. Every man.
Since the trade, I was just thinking about this day and mentally preparing to not get too excited. I knew I was going to have some extra adrenalin out there so I was really doing what I needed to do just to stay calm, you know, just try not to do too much.
On the first album I was saying, that's just one part of me. And then I was thinking, well, am I going to hide the rest of me now just because I'm afraid of something? No. I'm just going to be myself.
I just think you would never kill and cut up a human to wear so why do it to animals? I just think it's horrible, I would never wear fur, although I guess if it was a really vintage piece you might just get away with it.
The worst part about pregnancy would definitely have to be my nausea. I don't know why it's just called morning sickness because morning sickness never just happened in the morning for me and it's not happening just in the morning for my sister.
People respect you more if you just play and blow something out than if you take the easier road. That's how we think. You get more respect and people play harder for you. Just play till you blow it. Just play till it goes.
My goal was never to just create a company. A lot of people misinterpret that, as if I don't care about revenue or profit or any of those things. But what not being just a company means to me is not being just that - building something that actually makes a really big change in the world.