• Adj: used especially of what is legally or ethically right or proper or fitting; examples: "a just and lasting peace"- A.Lincol", "a kind and just man", "a just reward", "his just inheritance"
• Adj: implying justice dictated by reason, conscience, and a natural sense of what is fair to all; examples: "equitable treatment of all citizens", "an equitable distribution of gifts among the children"
• Adj: free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception; or conforming with established standards or rules; examples: "a fair referee", "fair deal", "on a fair footing", "a fair fight", "by fair means or foul"
• Adj: of moral excellence; examples: "a genuinely good person", "a just cause", "an upright and respectable man"
• Adv: and nothing more; examples: "I was merely asking", "it is simply a matter of time", "just a scratch", "he was only a child", "hopes that last but a moment"
• Adv: indicating exactness or preciseness; examples: "he was doing precisely (or exactly) what she had told him to do", "it was just as he said--the jewel was gone", "it has just enough salt"
• Adv: only a moment ago; examples: "he has just arrived", "the sun just now came out"
• Adv: absolutely; examples: "I just can't take it anymore", "he was just grand as Romeo", "it's simply beautiful!"
• Adv: by a small margin; examples: "they could barely hear the speaker", "we hardly knew them", "just missed being hit", "had scarcely rung the bell when the door flew open", "would have scarce arrived before she would have found some excuse to leave"- W.B.Yeat"
Typically in horror films the character just services the plot, and you really are just going from 'point a' to 'point b,' just so that you can end up at 'point c.' They are just sort of stick characters. That's just not interesting to me.
I would call it a comedy variety show. We have some people just doing straight standup. We usually try to have one musical act of sort. So its just people being funny in different ways, not just sketch, not just standup, not just characters, all of those things.
Just look at my face. Its an extraordinary experience. All of my friends who are grandparents have been saying, just wait, a bit cynically, but its just extraordinary. You feel like a child again yourself. Just walking on air.
Normally, what I do for fun is just nothing. I try to just relax. Normally, it involves just relaxing and reading and maybe going out and meeting up with a friend. I live a very simple existence. I would much rather just sit around and listen to a couple of records and read the paper.
Just as the soul fills the body, so God fills the world. Just as the soul bears the body, so God endures the world. Just as the soul sees but is not seen, so God sees but is not seen. Just as the soul feeds the body, so God gives food to the world.
The idea is that we're doing it just for the joy of the actual physical experience. We may record something just for the fun of it, but the idea is just to be truly joyful and truly fun, especially for me, because I take myself too seriously all the time.
Anybody can have this body if you do enough sit-ups and you just make a decision that 'Every day, I'm going to work out.' There are some days that I just don't feel like doing it, and I don't. But more often than not I get up and I get on the treadmill that I want to shoot and just do it. The first 20 minutes are the hardest.
The '80s were fabulous. The '90s sucked, and the '70s were just a sad, sad time in human history. Go 1980s! There's something that's just so cute about that time. And not just yellow nail polish and 'I'm a loner.'
The technology is just so far gone. It's just like back in the day you needed a suitcase just to have a cell phone. The battery was so heavy, it was like carrying a gallon of soda around with you all day.
We are just fans of music, we are not fans of a specific kind of music. We just happen to be a rock band. Until we explain ourselves, sometimes people don't understand why we limit ourselves to just being a rock band. It's because that is what we like doing.
On the first album I was saying, that's just one part of me. And then I was thinking, well, am I going to hide the rest of me now just because I'm afraid of something? No. I'm just going to be myself.
But those audiences in Spain, they were just so stoned. I don't like playing to audiences like that because they just don't do anything. I'm up here with my band and we're working really hard and they are just stoned.
I used to send Tony Romo texts throughout the season just to encourage him, just to wish him luck and just to tell him to get on his offensive line. I hated watching this young man get sacked as much as he did, especially when it came down to big games.