• Adj: used especially of what is legally or ethically right or proper or fitting; examples: "a just and lasting peace"- A.Lincol", "a kind and just man", "a just reward", "his just inheritance"
• Adj: implying justice dictated by reason, conscience, and a natural sense of what is fair to all; examples: "equitable treatment of all citizens", "an equitable distribution of gifts among the children"
• Adj: free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception; or conforming with established standards or rules; examples: "a fair referee", "fair deal", "on a fair footing", "a fair fight", "by fair means or foul"
• Adj: of moral excellence; examples: "a genuinely good person", "a just cause", "an upright and respectable man"
• Adv: and nothing more; examples: "I was merely asking", "it is simply a matter of time", "just a scratch", "he was only a child", "hopes that last but a moment"
• Adv: indicating exactness or preciseness; examples: "he was doing precisely (or exactly) what she had told him to do", "it was just as he said--the jewel was gone", "it has just enough salt"
• Adv: only a moment ago; examples: "he has just arrived", "the sun just now came out"
• Adv: absolutely; examples: "I just can't take it anymore", "he was just grand as Romeo", "it's simply beautiful!"
• Adv: by a small margin; examples: "they could barely hear the speaker", "we hardly knew them", "just missed being hit", "had scarcely rung the bell when the door flew open", "would have scarce arrived before she would have found some excuse to leave"- W.B.Yeat"
Typically in horror films the character just services the plot, and you really are just going from 'point a' to 'point b,' just so that you can end up at 'point c.' They are just sort of stick characters. That's just not interesting to me.
I would call it a comedy variety show. We have some people just doing straight standup. We usually try to have one musical act of sort. So its just people being funny in different ways, not just sketch, not just standup, not just characters, all of those things.
Just as the soul fills the body, so God fills the world. Just as the soul bears the body, so God endures the world. Just as the soul sees but is not seen, so God sees but is not seen. Just as the soul feeds the body, so God gives food to the world.
Normally, what I do for fun is just nothing. I try to just relax. Normally, it involves just relaxing and reading and maybe going out and meeting up with a friend. I live a very simple existence. I would much rather just sit around and listen to a couple of records and read the paper.
Just look at my face. Its an extraordinary experience. All of my friends who are grandparents have been saying, just wait, a bit cynically, but its just extraordinary. You feel like a child again yourself. Just walking on air.
We're just into toys, whether it's motorcycles or race cars or computers. I've got the Palm Pilot right here with me, I've got the world's smallest phone. Maybe it's just because I'm still a big little kid and I just love toys, you know?
Well, just coming off the stage and there's like 180,000 people out there and your adrenaline is going so high, and you're doing so much and it's hard to just put your head on the pillow and sleep because it just goes on and on, even after you're off the stage.
I just travel all the time. And I was just looking at the schedules now and starting the first week of October I will be every weekend with somebody at tournaments through Christmas. So it gets very difficult to just go away and not do that.
The idea is that we're doing it just for the joy of the actual physical experience. We may record something just for the fun of it, but the idea is just to be truly joyful and truly fun, especially for me, because I take myself too seriously all the time.
We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.
I think all jocks have a sensitive side. It's just, will they show it to anybody? Will they let their guard down and stop being tough and the cool jock guy around their friends, or just relax? I don't know if it's best to say opening up, but just relax and really say what you're actually thinking, and not what you think people want to hear.
But those audiences in Spain, they were just so stoned. I don't like playing to audiences like that because they just don't do anything. I'm up here with my band and we're working really hard and they are just stoned.
Sometimes I don't even pull my shoes off for six weeks at a time, except, you know, just to take a shower. I just take breaks between 24 hours a day, just a break now and then, it don't take me long to rest; maybe 20 to30 minutes sometime, or maybe an hour.
It took a long time to get that film made. I went in for it almost right after or like maybe six or seven months after I had my son and actually auditioned for the Regina King part and they just were like, 'No, you're just - you just don't really seem the part.'