Sell also: acknowledge, bang, bed, EFF, experience, hump, jazz, live, love, recognise, recognize, screw
• Noun: the fact of being aware of information that is known to few people; example: "he is always in the know"
• Verb: be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about; examples: "I know that the President lied to the people", "I want to know who is winning the game!", "I know it's time"
• Verb: know how to do or perform something; examples: "She knows how to knit", "Does your husband know how to cook?"
• Verb: be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt; examples: "I know that I left the key on the table", "Galileo knew that the earth moves around the sun"
• Verb: be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object; examples: "She doesn't know this composer", "Do you know my sister?", "We know this movie", "I know him under a different name", "This flower is known as a Peruvian Lily"
• Verb: have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations; examples: "I know the feeling!", "have you ever known hunger?", "I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict", "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare", "I lived through two divorces"
• Verb: accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority; examples: "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne", "We do not recognize your gods"
• Verb: have fixed in the mind; examples: "I know Latin", "This student knows her irregular verbs", "Do you know the poem well enough to recite it?"
• Verb: have sexual intercourse with; examples: "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm", "Adam knew Eve", "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
• Verb: know the nature or character of; example: "we all knew her as a big show-off"
• Verb: be able to distinguish, recognize as being different; example: "The child knows right from wrong"
• Verb: perceive as familiar; example: "I know this voice!"
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.
If I don't know I don't know, I think I know. If I don't know I know, I think I don't know.
To know that we know what we know, and to know that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge.
Men don't know much about women. We do know when they're happy. We know when they're crying, and we know when they're pissed off. We just don't know in what order these are gonna come at us.
For me, its like go ahead and eat. Live your life. I mean, I've just seen so much death, you know, as of late, being in my 40s, of people getting sick or, you know, whatever, that I just feel like, you know what? You never know with life. Eat. Enjoy yourself. Just try to be healthy and, you know, and watch it.
Truth is, I'll never know all there is to know about you just as you will never know all there is to know about me. Humans are by nature too complicated to be understood fully. So, we can choose either to approach our fellow human beings with suspicion or to approach them with an open mind, a dash of optimism and a great deal of candour.
I know who I am, I know what I can and can't do. I know what I will and won't do. I know what I'm capable of and I don't agree to do things that I don't think I can pull off.
I've noticed that girls between like 20 and 30 seem to know 'Can't Hardly Wait.' I got the goth kids who know 'Buffy.' I got this wide spectrum of people who range from like 8 to 13 who seem to know 'Scooby-Doo.' Then I get the international people who seem to know 'Austin Powers' and 'The Italian Job.'
If you know how to read, you have a complete education about life, then you know how to vote within a democracy. But if you don't know how to read, you don't know how to decide. That's the great thing about our country - we're a democracy of readers, and we should keep it that way.
You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run.
And you know, I said yesterday, you know, you know, if they're not going to - if the feds aren't going to do their job, well, then, I'm up to suing the feds to make them do their job! I mean, they sued Arizona, you know, we can sue them back! I mean, they're not - they're not enforcing the laws!
I have thought about the next steps, and you know, they still don't know that I can dance. They don't know it, and it's frustrating me because I feel that it's an edge that I have, and I'm not talking about I took this hip hop class, I'm talking about this is how people actually know me.
Yeah, I wanted to know where they got it from, what it was all about, you know, and it seemed to strike something in me that was you know rearing it's head and I still don't know what that is.
It's funny because a lot of people that know me as a dancer, don't know that I'm a singer, and a lot of people that know I can sing don't know I can dance. And so, I feel like at some point I have to show them both and really be able to display it and showcase it, and put that out there.
I know what I don't know. To this day, I don't know technology, and I don't know finance or accounting.
We don't really know who killed Martin Luther King. We don't really know who killed Bobby Kennedy. We don't really know who killed John Kennedy. We don't really know who killed Tupac Shakur.
You know, that kind of coldness, you know. And I think, yeah, I think that definitely helped. The female characters on the show, you can see some of them wanting to know what makes him tick. And I guess that translates into some of the fans outside. You know?
When you don't know that you don't know, it's a lot different than when you do know that you don't know.
I know what it's like to start a business. I know how extra ordinarily difficult it is to build something from nothing. I know how government kills jobs and, yes, I know how it can help from time- to-time.
I know that I'm definitely not a big big snob, and I know that at the times that I am a diva I know I'm being a diva. It's kind of annoying to know that you are. Because it's a person I do not want to be. So I'm trying my best not to become a jerk.