• Noun: the fact of being aware of information that is known to few people; example: "he is always in the know"
• Verb: be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about; examples: "I know that the President lied to the people", "I want to know who is winning the game!", "I know it's time"
• Verb: know how to do or perform something; examples: "She knows how to knit", "Does your husband know how to cook?"
• Verb: be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt; examples: "I know that I left the key on the table", "Galileo knew that the earth moves around the sun"
• Verb: be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object; examples: "She doesn't know this composer", "Do you know my sister?", "We know this movie", "I know him under a different name", "This flower is known as a Peruvian Lily"
• Verb: have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations; examples: "I know the feeling!", "have you ever known hunger?", "I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict", "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare", "I lived through two divorces"
• Verb: accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority; examples: "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne", "We do not recognize your gods"
• Verb: have fixed in the mind; examples: "I know Latin", "This student knows her irregular verbs", "Do you know the poem well enough to recite it?"
• Verb: have sexual intercourse with; examples: "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm", "Adam knew Eve", "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
• Verb: know the nature or character of; example: "we all knew her as a big show-off"
• Verb: be able to distinguish, recognize as being different; example: "The child knows right from wrong"
• Verb: perceive as familiar; example: "I know this voice!"
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.
For me, its like go ahead and eat. Live your life. I mean, I've just seen so much death, you know, as of late, being in my 40s, of people getting sick or, you know, whatever, that I just feel like, you know what? You never know with life. Eat. Enjoy yourself. Just try to be healthy and, you know, and watch it.
The rules of suspense are that you do know, and you just don't know when. In the Hitchcock rules of suspense, you are supposed to know that there is a bomb on the bus that might blow up, and then it becomes very tense - but if you don't know that there's a bomb and it just blows up, then it's just a surprise.
You know, people talk about this being an uncertain time. You know, all time is uncertain. I mean, it was uncertain back in - in 2007, we just didn't know it was uncertain. It was - uncertain on September 10th, 2001. It was uncertain on October 18th, 1987, you just didn't know it.
Truth is, I'll never know all there is to know about you just as you will never know all there is to know about me. Humans are by nature too complicated to be understood fully. So, we can choose either to approach our fellow human beings with suspicion or to approach them with an open mind, a dash of optimism and a great deal of candour.
I know what it's like to start a business. I know how extra ordinarily difficult it is to build something from nothing. I know how government kills jobs and, yes, I know how it can help from time- to-time.
And, you know, being able to wear the stars and stripes, when you step up on one of the blocks or, you know, when you step off of an airplane or when you hear the national anthem play, you know, it's one of the greatest feelings in the world because you know that there are people at home who are supporting you and watching you.
You know, that kind of coldness, you know. And I think, yeah, I think that definitely helped. The female characters on the show, you can see some of them wanting to know what makes him tick. And I guess that translates into some of the fans outside. You know?
I've noticed that girls between like 20 and 30 seem to know 'Can't Hardly Wait.' I got the goth kids who know 'Buffy.' I got this wide spectrum of people who range from like 8 to 13 who seem to know 'Scooby-Doo.' Then I get the international people who seem to know 'Austin Powers' and 'The Italian Job.'
All of the legal defense funds out there, they're looking for people out there with court of appeals experience, because court of appeals is where policy is made. And I know, I know this is on tape and I should never say that because we don't make law, I know. I know.
We don't know what our health care costs are going to be. We don't know what our tax rates are going to be. We don't know what our interest rates are going to be. We don't know what our energy costs are going to be. All these uncertainties are being driven by the Government's agenda. What we really need to do is get Government to step back.
I have thought about the next steps, and you know, they still don't know that I can dance. They don't know it, and it's frustrating me because I feel that it's an edge that I have, and I'm not talking about I took this hip hop class, I'm talking about this is how people actually know me.