• Noun: a characteristic state or mode of living; examples: "social life", "city life", "real life"
• Noun: the course of existence of an individual; the actions and events that occur in living; examples: "he hoped for a new life in Australia", "he wanted to live his own life without interference from others"
• Noun: the experience of being alive; the course of human events and activities; example: "he could no longer cope with the complexities of life"
• Noun: the condition of living or the state of being alive; examples: "while there's life there's hope", "life depends on many chemical and physical processes"
• Noun: the period during which something is functional (as between birth and death); examples: "the battery had a short life", "he lived a long and happy life"
• Noun: the period between birth and the present time; example: "I have known him all his life"
• Noun: animation and energy in action or expression; example: "it was a heavy play and the actors tried in vain to give life to it"
• Noun: an account of the series of events making up a person's life
• Noun: the period from the present until death; example: "he appointed himself emperor for life"
• Noun: a living person; example: "his heroism saved a life"
• Noun: living things collectively; example: "the oceans are teeming with life"
• Noun: a motive for living; example: "pottery was his life"
• Noun: the organic phenomenon that distinguishes living organisms from nonliving ones; example: "there is no life on the moon"
• Noun: a prison term lasting as long as the prisoner lives; example: "he got life for killing the guard"
It is not in the world of ideas that life is lived. Life is lived for better or worse in life, and to a man in life, his life can be no more absurd than it can be the opposite of absurd, whatever that opposite may be.
Most of the people around me have a vested interest in how much money I make. You know, so a celebrity could find themselves in a position where people could have meetings about their life without them involved. And when I say 'their life' I mean not their professional life either. They could talk about their personal life.
My grandmother, who passed away at the beginning of November, had a core adage in her life that 'life is not about what happens to you but about what you do with what happens to you.' She recently had been cajoling me and challenging me to do more with my life. To lead more of a purposefully public life.
Why should we think upon things that are lovely? Because thinking determines life. It is a common habit to blame life upon the environment. Environment modifies life but does not govern life. The soul is stronger than its surroundings.
I'm married now, so I have a life. I had to get a life. That's one thing I really had to do, you know. You do that kind of work on television series after television series and you don't have a life. So, that's part of what I did while I was gone, I got a life.
Personally I'm hoping to spend the last years of my life plugged into a real life MMORPG simulation that makes me think and feel like I'm 18 again while my 90 year old body lies in a tube somewhere getting fed thru an IV. Be a great way to finish up a life.
The secret of life is to have a task, something you devote your entire life to, something you bring everything to, every minute of the day for the rest of your life. And the most important thing is, it must be something you cannot possibly do.
I think real life reflects your movies. In your life, you pick stuff that influences what movie roles you wanna pick. I think if you've got an interesting life, you wanna do interesting movies about interesting things.
A woman has many faces as she goes through her life. It's like we need more than one hair-do. We have many, many changes in the evolution of our lives. We have, we learn, and we grow; we view life differently, and life views us differently.