Sell also: animation, biography, lifespan, living, spirit, time
• Noun: a characteristic state or mode of living; examples: "social life", "city life", "real life"
• Noun: the course of existence of an individual; the actions and events that occur in living; examples: "he hoped for a new life in Australia", "he wanted to live his own life without interference from others"
• Noun: the experience of being alive; the course of human events and activities; example: "he could no longer cope with the complexities of life"
• Noun: the condition of living or the state of being alive; examples: "while there's life there's hope", "life depends on many chemical and physical processes"
• Noun: the period during which something is functional (as between birth and death); examples: "the battery had a short life", "he lived a long and happy life"
• Noun: the period between birth and the present time; example: "I have known him all his life"
• Noun: animation and energy in action or expression; example: "it was a heavy play and the actors tried in vain to give life to it"
• Noun: an account of the series of events making up a person's life
• Noun: the period from the present until death; example: "he appointed himself emperor for life"
• Noun: a living person; example: "his heroism saved a life"
• Noun: living things collectively; example: "the oceans are teeming with life"
• Noun: a motive for living; example: "pottery was his life"
• Noun: the organic phenomenon that distinguishes living organisms from nonliving ones; example: "there is no life on the moon"
• Noun: a prison term lasting as long as the prisoner lives; example: "he got life for killing the guard"
Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.
It is not in the world of ideas that life is lived. Life is lived for better or worse in life, and to a man in life, his life can be no more absurd than it can be the opposite of absurd, whatever that opposite may be.
I'm married now, so I have a life. I had to get a life. That's one thing I really had to do, you know. You do that kind of work on television series after television series and you don't have a life. So, that's part of what I did while I was gone, I got a life.
My grandmother, who passed away at the beginning of November, had a core adage in her life that 'life is not about what happens to you but about what you do with what happens to you.' She recently had been cajoling me and challenging me to do more with my life. To lead more of a purposefully public life.
When I talk of the purpose of life, I am thinking not only of human life, but of all life on Earth and of the life which must exist upon other planets throughout the universe.
For if there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in despairing of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life.
A life without fame can be a good life, but fame without a life is no life at all.
A life lived of choice is a life of conscious action. A life lived of chance is a life of unconscious creation.
Why should we think upon things that are lovely? Because thinking determines life. It is a common habit to blame life upon the environment. Environment modifies life but does not govern life. The soul is stronger than its surroundings.
An actor must interpret life, and in order to do so must be willing to accept all the experiences life has to offer. In fact, he must seek out more of life than life puts at his feet.
Christianity stands or falls as a living program, a way of life, made concrete in the life of man by the life of God through the life of the concretely living Christ.
Each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life; to life he can only respond by being responsible.
Most of the people around me have a vested interest in how much money I make. You know, so a celebrity could find themselves in a position where people could have meetings about their life without them involved. And when I say 'their life' I mean not their professional life either. They could talk about their personal life.
If it came to saving the life of one priest or sacrificing the life of an entire congregation, the church would save the life of the priest. Which is backwards, of course.
A life of reaction is a life of slavery, intellectually and spiritually. One must fight for a life of action, not reaction.
It is not that Shakespeare's art is in technicolor and fancy, and that real life is black and white and tedious. The life that Shakespeare was living was the only life he had, and he had to use it to create what he was doing.
The secret of life is to have a task, something you devote your entire life to, something you bring everything to, every minute of the day for the rest of your life. And the most important thing is, it must be something you cannot possibly do.
People are constantly clamoring for the joy of life. As for me, I find the joy of life in the hard and cruel battle of life - to learn something is a joy to me.
Embryonic stem cell research will prolong life, improve life and give hope for life to millions of people.
Parrots, tortoises and redwoods live a longer life than men do; Men a longer life than dogs do; Dogs a longer life than love does.