• Verb: desire strongly or persistently
• Adj: primarily temporal sense; being or indicating a relatively great or greater than average duration or passage of time or a duration as specified; examples: "a long life", "a long boring speech", "a long time", "a long friendship", "a long game", "long ago", "an hour long"
• Adj: primarily spatial sense; of relatively great or greater than average spatial extension or extension as specified; examples: "a long road", "a long distance", "contained many long words", "ten miles long"
• Adj: of relatively great height; examples: "a race of long gaunt men"- Sherwood Anderso", "looked out the long French windows"
• Adj: good at remembering; examples: "a retentive mind", "tenacious memory"
• Adj: holding securities or commodities in expectation of a rise in prices; examples: "is long on coffee", "a long position in gold"
• Adj: (of speech sounds or syllables) of relatively long duration; example: " the English vowel sounds in `bate', `beat', `bite', `boat', `boot' are long"
• Adj: involving substantial risk; example: "long odds"
• Adj: planning prudently for the future; examples: "large goals that required farsighted policies", "took a long view of the geopolitical issues"
• Adj: having or being more than normal or necessary:"long on brains"; example: "in long supply"
• Adv: for an extended time or at a distant time; examples: "a promotion long overdue", "something long hoped for", "his name has long been forgotten", "talked all night long", "how long will you be gone?", "arrived long before he was expected", "it is long after your bedtime"
• Adv: for an extended distance
The door might not be opened to a woman again for a long, long time, and I had a kind of duty to other women to walk in and sit down on the chair that was offered, and so establish the right of others long hence and far distant in geography to sit in the high seats.
It's really hard to say how long the show will last and will continue. I hope it lasts for a very long time. As long as kids watch it, anyway. But beyond this, sure, I would love to be doing film. I'd love to be doing more theater and perhaps even writing.
An opera begins long before the curtain goes up and ends long after it has come down. It starts in my imagination, it becomes my life, and it stays part of my life long after I've left the opera house.
For too long nurses have been undervalued, restricted in what they could do, with too few career opportunities in clinical practice. For far too long, nurses have endured a pay system that has held them back - both professionally as well as financially.
There's a tendency to fall into certain habits, but if you tell yourself not to do that and if you don't stay there too long - I think if you start staying for too long, you tend to fall into certain bad habits, and I tried not to do that.
It's not about, 'Let me play as long as I can so I don't have to grow up.' It's about, 'Let me play as long as I enjoy it,' and when it's time to step away, I can step away gracefully even if I'm still good enough to keep playing, because I'm ready for that next phase.
I have never had trouble with any actor being able to visualise things. They are amazing. As long as you have your monster head on a long stick, so you can hold it up there and you can wave it around and let them see it and explain it to them, they are just great.
I don't know what has happened to movies, but lately every movie is at least 20 minutes too long. It used to be that if you were three hours long it was because it was epic - a movie about Gandhi; something with very important subject matters.