• Verb: desire strongly or persistently
• Adj: primarily temporal sense; being or indicating a relatively great or greater than average duration or passage of time or a duration as specified; examples: "a long life", "a long boring speech", "a long time", "a long friendship", "a long game", "long ago", "an hour long"
• Adj: primarily spatial sense; of relatively great or greater than average spatial extension or extension as specified; examples: "a long road", "a long distance", "contained many long words", "ten miles long"
• Adj: of relatively great height; examples: "a race of long gaunt men"- Sherwood Anderso", "looked out the long French windows"
• Adj: good at remembering; examples: "a retentive mind", "tenacious memory"
• Adj: holding securities or commodities in expectation of a rise in prices; examples: "is long on coffee", "a long position in gold"
• Adj: (of speech sounds or syllables) of relatively long duration; example: " the English vowel sounds in `bate', `beat', `bite', `boat', `boot' are long"
• Adj: involving substantial risk; example: "long odds"
• Adj: planning prudently for the future; examples: "large goals that required farsighted policies", "took a long view of the geopolitical issues"
• Adj: having or being more than normal or necessary:"long on brains"; example: "in long supply"
• Adv: for an extended time or at a distant time; examples: "a promotion long overdue", "something long hoped for", "his name has long been forgotten", "talked all night long", "how long will you be gone?", "arrived long before he was expected", "it is long after your bedtime"
• Adv: for an extended distance
An opera begins long before the curtain goes up and ends long after it has come down. It starts in my imagination, it becomes my life, and it stays part of my life long after I've left the opera house.
The door might not be opened to a woman again for a long, long time, and I had a kind of duty to other women to walk in and sit down on the chair that was offered, and so establish the right of others long hence and far distant in geography to sit in the high seats.
It's really hard to say how long the show will last and will continue. I hope it lasts for a very long time. As long as kids watch it, anyway. But beyond this, sure, I would love to be doing film. I'd love to be doing more theater and perhaps even writing.
I look at it this way. I'm not putting age limits on what I can do. As long as I can do the job to help the team win and feel like I'm playing at a high level, which I feel I can do for a long while, I'm going to play no matter what my age is.
The tea partiers are a great addition. The tea partiers have invigorated a base that has been dormant for a long period of time. We're going to have a broad array of different views in our Republican conference, and I think it might be more interesting than any I've been in in a long time.
Balls should be good for at least six sets, and for more for the average player. But if the rallies are long, they do not last as long as this. There is a fuzz on the surface that wears off on the hard court.
I freak out if I go a little too long without being in the gym. For a long time it was all about getting the weight off because I was 240 pounds at my heaviest, and now I'm around 175, so the majority of that weight loss was due to diet and exercise.
There's a tendency to fall into certain habits, but if you tell yourself not to do that and if you don't stay there too long - I think if you start staying for too long, you tend to fall into certain bad habits, and I tried not to do that.