• Noun: the feelings expressed on a person's face; examples: "a sad expression", "a look of triumph", "an angry face"
• Noun: the act of directing the eyes toward something and perceiving it visually; examples: "he went out to have a look", "his look was fixed on her eyes", "he gave it a good looking at", "his camera does his looking for him"
• Noun: physical appearance; example: "I don't like the looks of this place"
• Noun: the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people; examples: "the feel of the city excited him", "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting", "it had the smell of treason"
• Verb: perceive with attention; direct one's gaze towards; examples: "She looked over the expanse of land", "Look at your child!", "Look--a deer in the backyard!"
• Verb: give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect; examples: "She seems to be sleeping", "This appears to be a very difficult problem", "This project looks fishy", "They appeared like people who had not eaten or slept for a long time"
• Verb: have a certain outward or facial expression; examples: "How does she look?", "The child looks unhappy", "She looked pale after the surgery"
• Verb: search or seek; examples: "We looked all day and finally found the child in the forest", "Look elsewhere for the perfect gift!"
• Verb: be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to; examples: "The house looks north", "My backyard look onto the pond", "The building faces the park"
• Verb: take charge of or deal with; examples: "Could you see about lunch?", "I must attend to this matter", "She took care of this business"
• Verb: convey by one's expression; example: "She looked her devotion to me"
• Verb: look forward to the probable occurrence of; examples: "We were expecting a visit from our relatives", "She is looking to a promotion", "he is waiting to be drafted"
• Verb: accord in appearance with; example: "You don't look your age!"
• Verb: have faith or confidence in; examples: "you can count on me to help you any time", "Look to your friends for support", "You can bet on that!", "Depend on your family in times of crisis"
All the Disney lead male characters always have this kind of John Davidson kind of look to them. They all look like the same guy, and all the females look like the same, and I think the guys are just way too big.
Here's my rule: You always want to pay cash for your own books, because if they look at the name on the credit card and then they look at the name on the book jacket, then there's this look of such profound sympathy for you that you had to resort to this. It really is withering.
Look at growth, look at how much time people spend on the Net and look at the variety of things that they are doing. It's all really good, so I am actually encouraged by the fundamentals that underlie usage growth on the Net.
I'm 24. I think when I was 18, 19, I had a problem with it because I wanted to look older and more womanly. I look in the mirror and I don't feel or look 14 to myself, regardless of what other people think. I'm fine with it and it really doesn't matter what age I'm playing.
I look for an interesting and often times, fresh character. Something different that what is done all the time or than I've done recently. I look at who is directing. Those two variables as well as a third, which is the content and the quality of the screenplay. I look at the arcs of the scenes and characters and relationships.
A close friend of mine, Annie Leibovitz, who I've known for forty years, photographs celebrities every single day of the week but they all seem to look the same even though she's one of the most creative photographers alive. They all just look the same. Brad Pitt is a great actor but all the pictures of Brad Pitt look the same.
I think Edith Evans is the most marvelous actress in the world and she can look beautiful. People who aren't beautiful can look beautiful. She can look as beautiful as Diana Cooper, who was the most beautiful woman in the world.
If you look - look at - I mean, look at what's going on with your gasoline prices. They're going to go to $5, $6, $7 and we don't have anybody in Washington that calls OPEC and says, 'Fellas, it's time. It's over. You're not going to do it anymore.'
I used to look back at pictures and cringe but actually I'm quite proud that I've had fun with fashion and don't always look perfect. The only regret I have is when I look at something I wore when I was very young and it obviously looks like it belonged to someone else.