Sell also: administer, allot, band, batch, bunch, circle, circumstances, deal, destiny, dispense, distribute, draw, fate, flock, fortune, heap, luck, mass, mess, mint, Peck, pile, plenty, portion, pot, raft, set, sight, slew, spate, stack, wad
• Noun: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; examples: "a batch of letters", "a deal of trouble", "a lot of money", "he made a mint on the stock market", "it must have cost plenty"
• Noun: a parcel of land having fixed boundaries; example: "he bought a lot on the lake"
• Noun: your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); examples: "whatever my fortune may be", "deserved a better fate", "has a happy lot", "the luck of the Irish", "a victim of circumstances", "success that was her portion"
• Noun: any collection in its entirety; example: "she bought the whole caboodle"
• Noun: an unofficial association of people or groups; examples: "the smart set goes there", "they were an angry lot"
• Noun: anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random; examples: "the luck of the draw", "they drew lots for it"
• Noun: (Old Testament) nephew of Abraham; God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah but chose to spare Lot and his family who were told to flee without looking back at the destruction
• Verb: divide into lots, as of land, for example
• Verb: administer or bestow, as in small portions; examples: "administer critical remarks to everyone present", "dole out some money", "shell out pocket money for the children", "deal a blow to someone"
But music raises a lot of issues. Music is something that matters to people a lot, and they put a lot of passion into it. And I think when you have an area like that, you're gonna find a lot of issues coming up.
I used to break a lot of clubs. I probably was a little different than your average junior player. I did have a lot longer hair and a lot more brown hair. But my demeanor, you know, really from maybe my second, third year on Tour, has gotten a lot more even keel.
I feel a lot more comfortable being me these days. I'm constantly told that my work is good. A lot of fans and a lot of other artists say my songs and albums mean a lot to them. Isn't that what's important?
I sure saw a lot of kids that I'm sure didn't know a lot about us, or we were definitely new to them. The kids who came up to me afterward, we'd talk about music, sign a lot of autographs. So I'm sure we made a lot of new fans.
I think because I did a lot of modelling and appeared in lads mags a lot of women didn't necessarily warm to me. But now I have been through childbirth, post-natal depression and struggled with my weight, women seem to relate to me a lot more.
A lot of the problems I had with fame I was bringing on myself. A lot of self-loathing, a lot of woe-is-me. Now I'm learning to see the positive side of things, instead of, like, 'I can't go to Kmart. I can't take my kids to the haunted house.'
I think that there's a lot more freedom in the low budget, the independent films where, unfortunately, you don't have the money, necessarily, to get the orchestras in there to play a lot of stuff. But, you have a lot more freedom, very often.
If you're the village blacksmith and a model T comes along, you better become a mechanic. People's lives are better when they get news online versus having to wait for the morning paper. It's a lot more efficient, a lot more real time, a lot less waste.
I definitely caught a lot of backlash in my situation, not just from students but also from faculty, which was unfortunate, given that I was spending a lot of my time outside school working on a career, which a lot of people didn't really agree with.
There's a lot of women in the WNBA. There's a lot of women who could be here. To be voted by the fans says a lot - that people are aware of what's going on. I'm really thankful. I think they just really appreciate my talent so I'm definitely grateful.
I think people should be given a test much like driver's tests as to whether they're capable of being parents! It's an art form. I talk a lot. And I think a lot. And I draw a lot. But never in a million years would I have been a parent. That's just work that's too hard.
A lot of times in this business, we are taking advantage of hot times in our career to do a lot of TV and a lot of radio and that sort of thing, and George is able to be so humble that he can get away with not doing those things.