Sell also: administer, allot, band, batch, bunch, circle, circumstances, deal, destiny, dispense, distribute, draw, fate, flock, fortune, heap, luck, mass, mess, mint, Peck, pile, plenty, portion, pot, raft, set, sight, slew, spate, stack, wad
• Noun: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; examples: "a batch of letters", "a deal of trouble", "a lot of money", "he made a mint on the stock market", "it must have cost plenty"
• Noun: a parcel of land having fixed boundaries; example: "he bought a lot on the lake"
• Noun: your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); examples: "whatever my fortune may be", "deserved a better fate", "has a happy lot", "the luck of the Irish", "a victim of circumstances", "success that was her portion"
• Noun: any collection in its entirety; example: "she bought the whole caboodle"
• Noun: an unofficial association of people or groups; examples: "the smart set goes there", "they were an angry lot"
• Noun: anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random; examples: "the luck of the draw", "they drew lots for it"
• Noun: (Old Testament) nephew of Abraham; God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah but chose to spare Lot and his family who were told to flee without looking back at the destruction
• Verb: divide into lots, as of land, for example
• Verb: administer or bestow, as in small portions; examples: "administer critical remarks to everyone present", "dole out some money", "shell out pocket money for the children", "deal a blow to someone"
I sure saw a lot of kids that I'm sure didn't know a lot about us, or we were definitely new to them. The kids who came up to me afterward, we'd talk about music, sign a lot of autographs. So I'm sure we made a lot of new fans.
I used to break a lot of clubs. I probably was a little different than your average junior player. I did have a lot longer hair and a lot more brown hair. But my demeanor, you know, really from maybe my second, third year on Tour, has gotten a lot more even keel.
But music raises a lot of issues. Music is something that matters to people a lot, and they put a lot of passion into it. And I think when you have an area like that, you're gonna find a lot of issues coming up.
I feel a lot more comfortable being me these days. I'm constantly told that my work is good. A lot of fans and a lot of other artists say my songs and albums mean a lot to them. Isn't that what's important?
I definitely caught a lot of backlash in my situation, not just from students but also from faculty, which was unfortunate, given that I was spending a lot of my time outside school working on a career, which a lot of people didn't really agree with.
I think that there's a lot more freedom in the low budget, the independent films where, unfortunately, you don't have the money, necessarily, to get the orchestras in there to play a lot of stuff. But, you have a lot more freedom, very often.
For about seven years. I really like it there. There are a lot of great musicians. The scene is very open. A lot of stuff going on. People's ears are really open, they are not closed. A lot of scenes here, people just get tunnel vision and are into one thing.
People talk about that catch and, I've said this many times, that I've made better catches than that many times in regular season. But of course in my time, you didn't have a lot of television during the regular season. A lot of people didn't see me do a lot of things.
I'm fascinated by rap and by hip-hop. I think there's a lot of poetry in it. There's a lot of anger, a lot of social energy in it. And I think you'd better listen to it pretty carefully, 'cause it's important.
My father was very strong. I don't agree with a lot of the ways he brought me up. I don't agree with a lot of his values, but he did have a lot of integrity, and if he told us not to do something, he didn't do it either.
I think it is the weak and the young and the minorities that you need to look after to get a healthy creative environment - to get a lot of choices, a lot of different styles of music, a lot experimental stuff that everyone else feeds off.