Sell also: administer, allot, band, batch, bunch, circle, circumstances, deal, destiny, dispense, distribute, draw, fate, flock, fortune, heap, luck, mass, mess, mint, Peck, pile, plenty, portion, pot, raft, set, sight, slew, spate, stack, wad
• Noun: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; examples: "a batch of letters", "a deal of trouble", "a lot of money", "he made a mint on the stock market", "it must have cost plenty"
• Noun: a parcel of land having fixed boundaries; example: "he bought a lot on the lake"
• Noun: your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); examples: "whatever my fortune may be", "deserved a better fate", "has a happy lot", "the luck of the Irish", "a victim of circumstances", "success that was her portion"
• Noun: any collection in its entirety; example: "she bought the whole caboodle"
• Noun: an unofficial association of people or groups; examples: "the smart set goes there", "they were an angry lot"
• Noun: anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random; examples: "the luck of the draw", "they drew lots for it"
• Noun: (Old Testament) nephew of Abraham; God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah but chose to spare Lot and his family who were told to flee without looking back at the destruction
• Verb: divide into lots, as of land, for example
• Verb: administer or bestow, as in small portions; examples: "administer critical remarks to everyone present", "dole out some money", "shell out pocket money for the children", "deal a blow to someone"
I used to break a lot of clubs. I probably was a little different than your average junior player. I did have a lot longer hair and a lot more brown hair. But my demeanor, you know, really from maybe my second, third year on Tour, has gotten a lot more even keel.
I feel a lot more comfortable being me these days. I'm constantly told that my work is good. A lot of fans and a lot of other artists say my songs and albums mean a lot to them. Isn't that what's important?
I sure saw a lot of kids that I'm sure didn't know a lot about us, or we were definitely new to them. The kids who came up to me afterward, we'd talk about music, sign a lot of autographs. So I'm sure we made a lot of new fans.
But music raises a lot of issues. Music is something that matters to people a lot, and they put a lot of passion into it. And I think when you have an area like that, you're gonna find a lot of issues coming up.
I will say a lot of dancers do such beautiful things for their body and then they smoke a cigarette. I've never been a smoker, but I realized after taking yoga . . . in ballet you're not encouraged to do a lot of breathing. I think in a weird way, a lot of dancers find relief in actually breathing.
I came up from growing up with a lot of Catholic guilt, a lot of punk rock, hipster guilt in the later years where I think people have thrown a lot of things on me. Where I always felt like I'm not supposed to tell the horn section what to play or I don't want to come off egotistical.
Especially when you play a character for so many years, the character ends up reflecting a lot of who you are and I think I've changed a lot since then, but that represented a lot of who I was as a teenager.
People wonder if I'll always be a part of this family and the answer is yes. My family has a lot of good energy going in one direction and because of it, we get a lot of things done. That's why I'll always spend a lot of time at Camp Phoenix.
I think people should be given a test much like driver's tests as to whether they're capable of being parents! It's an art form. I talk a lot. And I think a lot. And I draw a lot. But never in a million years would I have been a parent. That's just work that's too hard.
Most correspondents came from the former colonial powers - there were British, French, and a lot of Italians, because there were a lot of Italian communities there. And of course there were a lot of Russians.
A lot of the problems I had with fame I was bringing on myself. A lot of self-loathing, a lot of woe-is-me. Now I'm learning to see the positive side of things, instead of, like, 'I can't go to Kmart. I can't take my kids to the haunted house.'
For about seven years. I really like it there. There are a lot of great musicians. The scene is very open. A lot of stuff going on. People's ears are really open, they are not closed. A lot of scenes here, people just get tunnel vision and are into one thing.