Sell also: administer, allot, band, batch, bunch, circle, circumstances, deal, destiny, dispense, distribute, draw, fate, flock, fortune, heap, luck, mass, mess, mint, Peck, pile, plenty, portion, pot, raft, set, sight, slew, spate, stack, wad
• Noun: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; examples: "a batch of letters", "a deal of trouble", "a lot of money", "he made a mint on the stock market", "it must have cost plenty"
• Noun: a parcel of land having fixed boundaries; example: "he bought a lot on the lake"
• Noun: your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); examples: "whatever my fortune may be", "deserved a better fate", "has a happy lot", "the luck of the Irish", "a victim of circumstances", "success that was her portion"
• Noun: any collection in its entirety; example: "she bought the whole caboodle"
• Noun: an unofficial association of people or groups; examples: "the smart set goes there", "they were an angry lot"
• Noun: anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random; examples: "the luck of the draw", "they drew lots for it"
• Noun: (Old Testament) nephew of Abraham; God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah but chose to spare Lot and his family who were told to flee without looking back at the destruction
• Verb: divide into lots, as of land, for example
• Verb: administer or bestow, as in small portions; examples: "administer critical remarks to everyone present", "dole out some money", "shell out pocket money for the children", "deal a blow to someone"
But music raises a lot of issues. Music is something that matters to people a lot, and they put a lot of passion into it. And I think when you have an area like that, you're gonna find a lot of issues coming up.
I feel a lot more comfortable being me these days. I'm constantly told that my work is good. A lot of fans and a lot of other artists say my songs and albums mean a lot to them. Isn't that what's important?
I sure saw a lot of kids that I'm sure didn't know a lot about us, or we were definitely new to them. The kids who came up to me afterward, we'd talk about music, sign a lot of autographs. So I'm sure we made a lot of new fans.
I used to break a lot of clubs. I probably was a little different than your average junior player. I did have a lot longer hair and a lot more brown hair. But my demeanor, you know, really from maybe my second, third year on Tour, has gotten a lot more even keel.
I don't like traditions, I am very personal, very independent, I don't like intimate ladies, I mean in German lieder there's a lot of copy, a lot of imitation, a lot of tradition, and this I have put it aside.
I'm fascinated by rap and by hip-hop. I think there's a lot of poetry in it. There's a lot of anger, a lot of social energy in it. And I think you'd better listen to it pretty carefully, 'cause it's important.
My diet is mostly chicken and fish. I make sure I get a lot of vegetables, a lot of fruit. I am a big fruit man, I am a vegetable man anyway. And I also get a lot of rest. That's the key I may be up early, but I'm in bed early too.
A lot of the problems I had with fame I was bringing on myself. A lot of self-loathing, a lot of woe-is-me. Now I'm learning to see the positive side of things, instead of, like, 'I can't go to Kmart. I can't take my kids to the haunted house.'
If you're the village blacksmith and a model T comes along, you better become a mechanic. People's lives are better when they get news online versus having to wait for the morning paper. It's a lot more efficient, a lot more real time, a lot less waste.
People talk about that catch and, I've said this many times, that I've made better catches than that many times in regular season. But of course in my time, you didn't have a lot of television during the regular season. A lot of people didn't see me do a lot of things.