Sell also: administer, allot, band, batch, bunch, circle, circumstances, deal, destiny, dispense, distribute, draw, fate, flock, fortune, heap, luck, mass, mess, mint, Peck, pile, plenty, portion, pot, raft, set, sight, slew, spate, stack, wad
• Noun: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; examples: "a batch of letters", "a deal of trouble", "a lot of money", "he made a mint on the stock market", "it must have cost plenty"
• Noun: a parcel of land having fixed boundaries; example: "he bought a lot on the lake"
• Noun: your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); examples: "whatever my fortune may be", "deserved a better fate", "has a happy lot", "the luck of the Irish", "a victim of circumstances", "success that was her portion"
• Noun: any collection in its entirety; example: "she bought the whole caboodle"
• Noun: an unofficial association of people or groups; examples: "the smart set goes there", "they were an angry lot"
• Noun: anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random; examples: "the luck of the draw", "they drew lots for it"
• Noun: (Old Testament) nephew of Abraham; God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah but chose to spare Lot and his family who were told to flee without looking back at the destruction
• Verb: divide into lots, as of land, for example
• Verb: administer or bestow, as in small portions; examples: "administer critical remarks to everyone present", "dole out some money", "shell out pocket money for the children", "deal a blow to someone"
But music raises a lot of issues. Music is something that matters to people a lot, and they put a lot of passion into it. And I think when you have an area like that, you're gonna find a lot of issues coming up.
I used to break a lot of clubs. I probably was a little different than your average junior player. I did have a lot longer hair and a lot more brown hair. But my demeanor, you know, really from maybe my second, third year on Tour, has gotten a lot more even keel.
I sure saw a lot of kids that I'm sure didn't know a lot about us, or we were definitely new to them. The kids who came up to me afterward, we'd talk about music, sign a lot of autographs. So I'm sure we made a lot of new fans.
I feel a lot more comfortable being me these days. I'm constantly told that my work is good. A lot of fans and a lot of other artists say my songs and albums mean a lot to them. Isn't that what's important?
Especially when you play a character for so many years, the character ends up reflecting a lot of who you are and I think I've changed a lot since then, but that represented a lot of who I was as a teenager.
I came up from growing up with a lot of Catholic guilt, a lot of punk rock, hipster guilt in the later years where I think people have thrown a lot of things on me. Where I always felt like I'm not supposed to tell the horn section what to play or I don't want to come off egotistical.
I'm fascinated by rap and by hip-hop. I think there's a lot of poetry in it. There's a lot of anger, a lot of social energy in it. And I think you'd better listen to it pretty carefully, 'cause it's important.
People talk about that catch and, I've said this many times, that I've made better catches than that many times in regular season. But of course in my time, you didn't have a lot of television during the regular season. A lot of people didn't see me do a lot of things.
I think because I did a lot of modelling and appeared in lads mags a lot of women didn't necessarily warm to me. But now I have been through childbirth, post-natal depression and struggled with my weight, women seem to relate to me a lot more.
I think people should be given a test much like driver's tests as to whether they're capable of being parents! It's an art form. I talk a lot. And I think a lot. And I draw a lot. But never in a million years would I have been a parent. That's just work that's too hard.
Most correspondents came from the former colonial powers - there were British, French, and a lot of Italians, because there were a lot of Italian communities there. And of course there were a lot of Russians.
My diet is mostly chicken and fish. I make sure I get a lot of vegetables, a lot of fruit. I am a big fruit man, I am a vegetable man anyway. And I also get a lot of rest. That's the key I may be up early, but I'm in bed early too.