• Noun: the bags of letters and packages that are transported by the postal service
• Noun: the system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office; examples: "the mail handles billions of items every day", "he works for the United States mail service", "in England they call mail `the post'"
• Noun: a conveyance that transports the letters and packages that are conveyed by the postal system
• Noun: any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered; examples: "your mail is on the table", "is there any post for me?", "she was opening her post"
• Noun: (Middle Ages) flexible armor made of interlinked metal rings
• Verb: send via the postal service; example: "I'll mail you the check tomorrow"
• Verb: cause to be directed or transmitted to another place; examples: "send me your latest results", "I'll mail you the paper when it's written"
I mean, I get letters in the mail because I had a heart defect when I was one, I had surgeries and stuff. And so you get these letters in the mail that just, they are crazy, they are just like, yes, well our son is dealing with the same thing and we saw you on TV and I mean it is such a cool thing to inspire and kind of give hope.
We get information in the mail, the regular postal mail, encrypted or not, vet it like a regular news organization, format it - which is sometimes something that's quite hard to do, when you're talking about giant databases of information - release it to the public and then defend ourselves against the inevitable legal and political attacks.
I hope all of you are going to fill out your census form when it comes in the mail next month. If you don't return the form the area you live in might get less government money and you wouldn't want that to happen, would you.
To this day I get mail from women who say, I went to law school because of your song. But I would hate to think out of the wide spectrum of things I have done in my career, that's all I would be remembered for.
I had a financial page to write in the Mail on Sunday where I'd give tips on shares. I worked there for two and a half years. Nothing compares to the burst of energy felt on a newsroom floor when a big story breaks.
I'm so happy to have been a part of that process and I would go straight back into the desert in a ton of chain mail for Ridley any day of the week. He's an amazing director and I can't wait to see the long version.