• Noun: a commissioned military officer in the United States Army or Air Force or Marines; below lieutenant colonel and above captain
• Noun: British statesman who was prime minister from 1990 until 1997 (born in 1943)
• Noun: a university student who is studying a particular field as the principal subject; example: "she is a linguistics major"
• Noun: the principal field of study of a student at a university; example: "her major is linguistics"
• Verb: have as one's principal field of study; example: "She is majoring in linguistics"
• Adj: of greater importance or stature or rank; examples: "a major artist", "a major role", "major highways"
• Adj: greater in scope or effect; examples: "a major contribution", "a major improvement", "a major break with tradition", "a major misunderstanding"
• Adj: greater in number or size or amount; examples: "a major portion (a majority) of the population", "Ursa Major", "a major portion of the winnings"
• Adj: of the field of academic study in which one concentrates or specializes; example: "his major field was mathematics"
• Adj: of a scale or mode; examples: "major scales", "the key of D major"
• Adj: of greater seriousness or danger; examples: "a major earthquake", "a major hurricane", "a major illness"
• Adj: of full legal age
• Adj: of the elder of two boys with the same family name; example: "Jones major"
Jazz vision is the fusion of music and art a real paradox of same-yet different. Here we play in exchanges, like the hardness of the key of c# major and from the softness of Db major - capturing, reflecting and improvising.
Console game publishing has become more like theatrical release film-making and it is very hard if you are not one of the major publishers, and even for them it is hard unless they are working with major game brands.
I'm an expert witness in a case that's in appeal about a guy who allegedly misappropriated source code from a major, major company - he actually worked there and then apparently they found it on his laptop later.
For new bands, I think a major label is the safest place to be. Independent labels are the ones getting away with murder. A lot of them are hobbyists who rip-off young bands, taking advantage of people who would never get signed to a major.
As I grew up, I was interested in other areas, too, especially literature. It became a major love of mine. Later, it became a difficult choice for me as to whether to major in music or literature. It wasn't until my 30s that I began a profession in music.
Traveling has a major impact on what I do, cause all over the world I'm meeting all kinds of people. And relationships is the second major impact that I have. I just enjoy the variety that the world has to offer.
When I appointed the Minister of the Environment to major cabinet status, the Planning and Priorities committee, the signals that that sent through Ottawa were major, because that's what the bureaucracy understands.