Sell also: aggregate, aggregated, batch, bulk, deal, flock, heap, lot, masses, mess, mint, multitude, Peck, people, pile, plenty, pot, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, volume, wad
• Noun: the property of a body that causes it to have weight in a gravitational field
• Noun: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; examples: "a batch of letters", "a deal of trouble", "a lot of money", "he made a mint on the stock market", "it must have cost plenty"
• Noun: an ill-structured collection of similar things (objects or people)
• Noun: (Roman Catholic Church and Protestant Churches) the celebration of the Eucharist
• Noun: a body of matter without definite shape; example: "a huge ice mass"
• Noun: the common people generally; examples: "separate the warriors from the mass", "power to the people"
• Noun: the property of something that is great in magnitude; examples: "it is cheaper to buy it in bulk", "he received a mass of correspondence", "the volume of exports"
• Noun: a musical setting for a Mass; example: "they played a Mass composed by Beethoven"
• Noun: a sequence of prayers constituting the Christian Eucharistic rite; example: "the priest said Mass"
• Verb: join together into a mass or collect or form a mass; example: "Crowds were massing outside the palace"
• Adj: gathered or tending to gather into a mass or whole; examples: "aggregate expenses include expenses of all divisions combined for the entire year", "the aggregated amount of indebtedness"
We have weapons of mass destruction we have to address here at home. Poverty is a weapon of mass destruction. Homelessness is a weapon of mass destruction. Unemployment is a weapon of mass destruction.
But there's always a Mass. It's not a formal Mass at all. We're sitting around her dining room table with wine and Eucharist and holding hands. It's very informal and small, but to me that's a wonderful way to have Mass.
There is no such thing as a Mass Mind. The Mass Audience is made up of individuals, and good advertising is written always from one person to another. When it is aimed at millions it rarely moves anyone.
Whether or not the standard of living made possible by mass production and in turn by mass circulation, is supported by and filled with the work of us hucksters, I guess is something that only history can decide.
Perhaps the most versatile and useful plug-in in the collection is Mass Copy. It is certainly the one I use the most. Due to limitations in how plugins can interact with Finale, Mass Copy has a somewhat unusual user interface.
Resistance to the organized mass can be effected only by the man who is as well organized in his individuality as the mass itself.
If you feel yourself to be above the mass, speak so as to raise the mass to the height of your argument.
But I want to just caution, it is not incumbent on the United States to prove that Saddam Hussein is trying to acquire weapons of mass destruction. He's already demonstrated that he's trying to acquire weapons of mass destruction.
Mass consumption, advertising, and mass art are a corporate Frankenstein; while they reinforce the system, they also undermine it.
It is your work to clear away the mass of encumbering material of thoughts, so that you may bring into plain view the precious thing at the center of the mass.
We hear so much about weapons of mass destruction. But nine out of 10 war victims are killed by guns. It's the AK-47 that's a weapon of mass destruction.
Liberals should not overplay this weapons of mass destruction card, because you want me to tell you the truth? Most of us are not going to care if they don't find these weapons of mass destruction. It's enough for a lot of us to see those kids smiling on that street again.
And you see many people just turning away from these channels of mass media, and they're just turning in to alternative providers, because they just see what's happening.
Research clearly shows us that the earlier women think about maintaining their bone mass and take the steps to do so, the better their health will be in the long run.
The best reason why Monarchy is a strong government is, that it is an intelligible government. The mass of mankind understand it, and they hardly anywhere in the world understand any other.
There's a mass of places, really, where the idea started.
I want the BBC to be a mass market public service broadcaster still funded by the licence fee... and the licence fee is more durable than many people in the commercial sector believe.
Derivatives are financial weapons of mass destruction.
A national political campaign is better than the best circus ever heard of, with a mass baptism and a couple of hangings thrown in.
Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people.