• Noun: that which has mass and occupies space; example: "an atom is the smallest indivisible unit of matter"
• Noun: a vaguely specified concern; examples: "several matters to attend to", "it is none of your affair", "things are going well"
• Noun: some situation or event that is thought about; examples: "he kept drifting off the topic", "he had been thinking about the subject for several years", "it is a matter for the police"
• Noun: a problem; example: "is anything the matter?"
• Noun: (used with negation) having consequence; example: "they were friends and it was no matter who won the games"
• Noun: written works (especially in books or magazines); example: "he always took some reading matter with him on the plane"
• Verb: have weight; have import, carry weight; example: "It does not matter much"
Sometimes earning awards doesn't matter as much as earning revenue or profit, or having a good response from the audience. No matter how many awards you win, if you can't earn any profit from your movie, if the audience doesn't like it, then it doesn't matter how many awards you get.
Pick up a camera. Shoot something. No matter how small, no matter how cheesy, no matter whether your friends and your sister star in it. Put your name on it as director. Now you're a director. Everything after that you're just negotiating your budget and your fee.
There is no such thing as immaterial matter. All spirit is matter, but is more fine or pure, and can only be discerned by purer eyes. We cannot see it, but when our bodies are purified, we shall see that it is all matter.
Man, I just feel blessed... I was in a situation where the only way I could come out of it was by putting my faith in God. No matter how good my lawyers were, no matter how much celebrity I had, everything was just stacked up against me.
When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.