• Noun: that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason; examples: "his mind wandered", "I couldn't get his words out of my head"
• Noun: recall or remembrance; example: "it came to mind"
• Noun: an opinion formed by judging something; examples: "he was reluctant to make his judgment known", "she changed her mind"
• Noun: an important intellectual; example: "the great minds of the 17th century"
• Noun: attention; example: "don't pay him any mind"
• Noun: your intention; what you intend to do; examples: "he had in mind to see his old teacher", "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
• Noun: knowledge and intellectual ability; examples: "he reads to improve his mind", "he has a keen intellect"
• Verb: be offended or bothered by; take offense with, be bothered by; example: "I don't mind your behavior"
• Verb: be concerned with or about something or somebody
• Verb: be in charge of or deal with; example: "She takes care of all the necessary arrangements"
• Verb: pay close attention to; give heed to; example: "Heed the advice of the old men"
• Verb: be on one's guard; be cautious or wary about; be alert to; example: "Beware of telephone salesmen"
• Verb: keep in mind
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
Being a former dancer, classical dancer, it informed me as a human being just in terms of the grace I guess. Ballet is a very graceful form of art. You also become very aware of your body and your mind and your body is working in conjunction. That kind of helps you in acting as well. It's not only using your mind, it's like making your mind communicate this character into your body so that you can bring it to life and physicalize it.
I think I usually have quite ordinary dreams. Sometimes my dreams take me to other dimensions. I can travel in my mind especially when I'm dreaming I focus my mind on what I want to dream. If I want to fly, I focus on flying.
The human mind evolved always in the company of the human body, and of the animal body before it was human. The intricate connections of mind and body must exceed our imagination, as from our point of view we are peculiarly prevented from observing them.
We don't want a third party who may or may not have our best interests in mind or our crew members' best interests in mind because they may be serving a union of one of our competitors. They are trying to equalize us and take away our competitive advantage.
I want to clear my mind a little bit and give my mind a little bit of time to breathe so I can pinpoint or at least nail down feelings I'm having and that I've had for the last however long. I need to nail them down long enough to actually write about and elaborate on them.
A desire arises in the mind. It is satisfied immediately another comes. In the interval which separates two desires a perfect calm reigns in the mind. It is at this moment freed from all thought, love or hate.