• Noun: that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason; examples: "his mind wandered", "I couldn't get his words out of my head"
• Noun: recall or remembrance; example: "it came to mind"
• Noun: an opinion formed by judging something; examples: "he was reluctant to make his judgment known", "she changed her mind"
• Noun: an important intellectual; example: "the great minds of the 17th century"
• Noun: attention; example: "don't pay him any mind"
• Noun: your intention; what you intend to do; examples: "he had in mind to see his old teacher", "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
• Noun: knowledge and intellectual ability; examples: "he reads to improve his mind", "he has a keen intellect"
• Verb: be offended or bothered by; take offense with, be bothered by; example: "I don't mind your behavior"
• Verb: be concerned with or about something or somebody
• Verb: be in charge of or deal with; example: "She takes care of all the necessary arrangements"
• Verb: pay close attention to; give heed to; example: "Heed the advice of the old men"
• Verb: be on one's guard; be cautious or wary about; be alert to; example: "Beware of telephone salesmen"
• Verb: keep in mind
Being a former dancer, classical dancer, it informed me as a human being just in terms of the grace I guess. Ballet is a very graceful form of art. You also become very aware of your body and your mind and your body is working in conjunction. That kind of helps you in acting as well. It's not only using your mind, it's like making your mind communicate this character into your body so that you can bring it to life and physicalize it.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
I really think the mind of someone who hasn't been welded into place by their work or studios or actors or this whole society is a wonderful mind to work with, so I'd like to do a big picture with an unknown director.