Sell also: beware, brain, head, heed, idea, intellect, judgement, judgment, listen, psyche, thinker
• Noun: that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason; examples: "his mind wandered", "I couldn't get his words out of my head"
• Noun: recall or remembrance; example: "it came to mind"
• Noun: an opinion formed by judging something; examples: "he was reluctant to make his judgment known", "she changed her mind"
• Noun: an important intellectual; example: "the great minds of the 17th century"
• Noun: attention; example: "don't pay him any mind"
• Noun: your intention; what you intend to do; examples: "he had in mind to see his old teacher", "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
• Noun: knowledge and intellectual ability; examples: "he reads to improve his mind", "he has a keen intellect"
• Verb: be offended or bothered by; take offense with, be bothered by; example: "I don't mind your behavior"
• Verb: be concerned with or about something or somebody
• Verb: be in charge of or deal with; example: "She takes care of all the necessary arrangements"
• Verb: pay close attention to; give heed to; example: "Heed the advice of the old men"
• Verb: be on one's guard; be cautious or wary about; be alert to; example: "Beware of telephone salesmen"
• Verb: keep in mind
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
We did this film in 13 days, mind you. And 13 days is not very long for a feature film. Nobody in their right mind would argue that. Nobody in their right mind would do that.
Being a former dancer, classical dancer, it informed me as a human being just in terms of the grace I guess. Ballet is a very graceful form of art. You also become very aware of your body and your mind and your body is working in conjunction. That kind of helps you in acting as well. It's not only using your mind, it's like making your mind communicate this character into your body so that you can bring it to life and physicalize it.
Of what value is a mind when placed in the brain of a coward? If mind is a gift of God to man for his use, let him use it. A mind is not in use when doing no good.
The red man divided mind into two parts, - the spiritual mind and the physical mind.
The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
The mind of the Renaissance was not a pilgrim mind, but a sedentary city mind, like that of the ancients.
If you use your mind to study reality, you won't understand either your mind or reality. If you study reality without using your mind, you'll understand both.
To the mind, God is a perfect criminal. He has done such a perfect crime by creating this world that mind cannot trace how He did it. That is why the mind always freaks out about God.
What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
And here in Los Angeles, once again, I'm going to go down and be a witness. There's a guilty plea. I don't mind being on the witness stand, but I think they mind it a lot.
I think if you exercise, your state of mind - my state of mind - is usually more at ease, ready for more mental challenges. Once I get the physical stuff out of the way it always seems like I have more calmness and better self-esteem.
She saw the myriad gods, and beyond God his own ineffable eternity; she saw that there were ranges of life beyond our present life, ranges of mind beyond our present mind and above these she saw the splendors of the spirit.
Ethiopia didn't just blow my mind; it opened my mind. Anyway, on our last day at this orphanage a man handed me his baby and said, 'Would you take my son with you?' He knew, in Ireland, that his son would live, and that in Ethiopia, his son would die.
The writer catches the changes of his mind on the hop. Growth is exciting; growth is dynamic and alarming. Growth of the soul, growth of the mind.
A blind man can make art if what is in his mind can be passed to another mind in some tangible form.
Knowledge is not a passion from without the mind, but an active exertion of the inward strength, vigor and power of the mind, displaying itself from within.
Whoever knows that the mind is a fiction and devoid of anything real knows that his own mind neither exists nor doesn't exist.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.
I don't sleep much. I'm on the go. My mind is racing. My wife says my mind is like the rolling dials on a slot machine. So, yeah, I think about everything.