• Adj: not of long duration; having just (or relatively recently) come into being or been made or acquired or discovered; examples: "a new law", "new cars", "a new comet", "a new friend", "a new year", "the New World"
• Adj: other than the former one(s); different; examples: "they now have a new leaders", "my new car is four years old but has only 15,000 miles on it", "ready to take a new direction"
• Adj: having no previous example or precedent or parallel; example: "a time of unexampled prosperity"
• Adj: original and of a kind not seen before; example: "the computer produced a completely novel proof of a well-known theorem"
• Adj: lacking training or experience; examples: "the new men were eager to fight", "raw recruits"
• Adj: (of a new kind or fashion) gratuitously new; examples: "newfangled ideas", "she buys all these new-fangled machines and never uses them"
• Adj: unfamiliar; examples: "new experiences", "experiences new to him", "errors of someone new to the job"
• Adj: (of crops) harvested at an early stage of development; before complete maturity; examples: "new potatoes", "young corn"
• Adj: unaffected by use or exposure; example: "it looks like new"
• Adj: in use after medieval times; example: "New Eqyptian was the language of the 18th to 21st dynasties"
• Adj: used of a living language; being the current stage in its development; examples: "Modern English", "New Hebrew is Israeli Hebrew"
• Adv: very recently; examples: "they are newly married", "newly raised objections", "a newly arranged hairdo", "grass new washed by the rain", "a freshly cleaned floor", "we are fresh out of tomatoes"
Every time a new rock singer comes out they don't say, 'Are you the new John Lennon?' Every time a new rapper comes out, it's not, 'Are you the new Dre?' I am never sure why this sort of genre, the categorization is so strong. I have not earned the right to be called the young Sinatra, but give me time.
Culture and tradition have to change little by little. So 'new' means a little twist, a marriage of Japanese technique with French ingredients. My technique. Indian food, Korean food; I put Italian mozzarella cheese with sashimi. I don't think 'new new new.' I'm not a genius. A little twist.
And initially, a lot of companies avoid trying to make a really radical new kind of title for a new system, because that would involve learning a new machine and learning how to make the new title at the same time.
I see a New York where there is no barrier to the God-given potential of every New Yorker. I see a New York where everyone who wants a good job can find one. I see a New York where the people can believe in a grounded government again.
Mom was 50 when my Dad died. She got on a bus every weekday for years, and rode 40 miles each morning to Madison. She earned a new degree and learned new skills to start her small business. It wasn't just a new livelihood. It was a new life.
The growth of Stewart Airport creates new jobs for area residents, brings new business and new travelers to the region, and brings new convenient travel options to those of us living in the Hudson Valley.
New needs need new techniques. And the modern artists have found new ways and new means of making their statements... the modern painter cannot express this age, the airplane, the atom bomb, the radio, in the old forms of the Renaissance or of any other past culture.
Well, you have the public not wanting any new spending, you have the Republicans not wanting any new taxes, you have the Democrats not wanting any new spending cuts, you have the markets not wanting any new borrowing, and you have the economists wanting all of the above. And that leads to paralysis.
My advice for girls who are waiting for their Prince Charming is to be open for anything. Be open to new experiences, be open to the idea that it may take longer than you want, but if you're open to meeting new people and new adventures, then love will come along.
By dismantling the narrow politics of racial identity and selective self-interest, by going beyond 'black' and 'white,' we may construct new values, new institutions and new visions of an America beyond traditional racial categories and racial oppression.