• Noun: the momentary present; examples: "Now is a good time to do it", "it worked up to right now"
• Adv: at the present moment; examples: "goods now on sale", "the now-aging dictator", "they are now abroad", "he is busy at present writing a new novel", "it could happen any time now"
• Adv: in these times; examples: "it is solely by their language that the upper classes nowadays are distinguished"- Nancy Mitfor", "we now rarely see horse-drawn vehicles on city streets", "today almost every home has television"
• Adv: in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events; examples: "President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard", "Washington now decides to cross the Delaware", "the ship is now listing to port"
• Adv: (prefatory or transitional) indicates a change of subject or activity; example: "Now the next problem is..."
• Adv: used to preface a command or reproof or request; examples: "now hear this!", "now pay attention"
• Adv: without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening; examples: "he answered immediately", "found an answer straightaway", "an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith", "Come here now!"
• Adv: in the immediate past; example: "told me just now"
And now let me address all of you, high and low, rich and poor, one with another, to accept of mercy and grace while it is offered to you; Now is the accepted time, now is the day of salvation; and will you not accept it, now it is offered unto you?
Balance the federal budget now, not 15 years from now, not 20 years from now, but now. And throw out the entire federal tax system, replace it with a fair tax, a consumption tax, that by all measurements is just that. It's fair.
A positive attitude is not going to save you. What it's going to do is, everyday, between now and the day you die, whether that's a short time from now or a long time from now, that every day, you're going to actually live.
What I'm saying is that there are bargains right now, there are stocks right now that if you're shrewd enough, you will be able to buy them at the opening today and I you'll make money in a year from now.
If we became students of Malcolm X, we would not have young black men out there killing each other like they're killing each other now. Young black men would not be impregnating young black women at the rate going on now. We'd not have the drugs we have now, or the alcoholism.
You know not having my real dad around and having a step dad made me want to be a great dad. So now I have been one for 9 years. And now 3 daughters. So, that is what I am - a dad, first and foremost, before anything else. It's just something that comes natural now.
I have more perspective now, and am happier now. It's not that I don't want success, but I now know I can have success at a lower level and make much more money doing it by myself. I make $6 or $7 bucks a record vs. nothing off those other records.
I really do feel like Los Angeles is my home now and, as cliche as this sounds, I felt like I found myself here and I really know who I am now. There was a long period like I was drifting or floating through life, and now I feel like I have a definitive target - and future.
It's hard for me to talk about Dom right now because I am Dom right now. So it's a really strange exercise to try to reflect on something that I am at the moment. But I guarantee you that when I'm done with the movie and you ask me that question, I'll be able to give you something insightful.
I'm very happy for the Contreras family. They're out. Now they've got a chance to experience life the way I did as a kid. You know, his kids are going to have a real chance in life now, and the same way that I had it.
There has been a time on earth when poets had been young and dead and famous - and were men. But now the poet as the tragic child of grandeur and destiny had changed. The child of genius was a woman, now, and the man was gone.