• Noun: the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number; examples: "he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it", "they had lunch at one"
• Noun: a single person or thing; examples: "he is the best one", "this is the one I ordered"
• Adj: used of a single unit or thing; not two or more; example: "`ane' is Scottish"
• Adj: having the indivisible character of a unit; examples: "a unitary action", "spoke with one voice"
• Adj: of the same kind or quality; example: "two animals of one species"
• Adj: used informally as an intensifier; example: "that is one fine dog"
• Adj: indefinite in time or position; examples: "he will come one day", "one place or another"
• Adj: being a single entity made by combining separate components; example: "three chemicals combining into one solution"
• Adj: eminent beyond or above comparison; examples: "matchless beauty", "the team's nonpareil center fielder", "she's one girl in a million", "the one and only Muhammad Ali", "a peerless scholar", "infamy unmatched in the Western world", "wrote with unmatchable clarity", "unrivaled mastery of her art"
The Church is everywhere represented as one. It is one body, one family, one fold, one kingdom. It is one because pervaded by one Spirit. We are all baptized into one Spirit so as to become, says the apostle, on body.
And I say the sacred hoop of my people was one of the many hoops that made one circle, wide as daylight and as starlight, and in the center grew one mighty flowering tree to shelter all the children of one mother and one father.
One must be entirely sensitive to the structure of the material that one is handling. One must yield to it in tiny details of execution, perhaps the handling of the surface or grain, and one must master it as a whole.
I consider myself one of a very small handful of drivers in the world that are top drivers. The best one? I don't think anybody can say they're the best one because, from one week to the next, you can be on form or off form a little bit.
I'm the one who gets called up about a problem. I'm the one who gets called up about the street lighting and the abandoned car. I'm the one who gets blamed if the police don't arrive. I'm the one they blame if a city truck is broken down.