• Noun: the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number; examples: "he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it", "they had lunch at one"
• Noun: a single person or thing; examples: "he is the best one", "this is the one I ordered"
• Adj: used of a single unit or thing; not two or more; example: "`ane' is Scottish"
• Adj: having the indivisible character of a unit; examples: "a unitary action", "spoke with one voice"
• Adj: of the same kind or quality; example: "two animals of one species"
• Adj: used informally as an intensifier; example: "that is one fine dog"
• Adj: indefinite in time or position; examples: "he will come one day", "one place or another"
• Adj: being a single entity made by combining separate components; example: "three chemicals combining into one solution"
• Adj: eminent beyond or above comparison; examples: "matchless beauty", "the team's nonpareil center fielder", "she's one girl in a million", "the one and only Muhammad Ali", "a peerless scholar", "infamy unmatched in the Western world", "wrote with unmatchable clarity", "unrivaled mastery of her art"
The Church is everywhere represented as one. It is one body, one family, one fold, one kingdom. It is one because pervaded by one Spirit. We are all baptized into one Spirit so as to become, says the apostle, on body.
And I say the sacred hoop of my people was one of the many hoops that made one circle, wide as daylight and as starlight, and in the center grew one mighty flowering tree to shelter all the children of one mother and one father.
Because too many times in life there's just one person that I met, just one thing that I heard, one movie that I saw, one song that was sung, that changed my life. So I'm always trying to stay awake to be in the moment, and capture the moments when they come, because they come and go all the time.
While I can't promise you that I'm going to be a perfect candidate and I can't promise you that I'm not going to make mistakes, I can unequivocally promise you that no one, no one, will work harder on your behalf, no one will fight harder with you and no one will make you more proud.
I consider myself one of a very small handful of drivers in the world that are top drivers. The best one? I don't think anybody can say they're the best one because, from one week to the next, you can be on form or off form a little bit.
The promise of America is one immigration policy for all who seek to enter our shores, whether they come from Mexico, Haiti or Canada, there must be one set of rules for everybody. We cannot welcome those to come and then try and act as though any culture will not be respected or treated inferior. We cannot look at the Latino community and preach "one language." No one gave them an English test before they sent them to Iraq to fight for America.