• Noun: a group of people who work together
• Noun: an organized structure for arranging or classifying; examples: "he changed the arrangement of the topics", "the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original", "he tried to understand their system of classification"
• Noun: the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; examples: "he claims that the present administration is corrupt", "the governance of an association is responsible to its members", "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
• Noun: the act of forming something; examples: "the constitution of a PTA group last year", "it was the establishment of his reputation", "he still remembers the organization of the club"
• Noun: the act of organizing a business or an activity related to a business; example: "he was brought in to supervise the organization of a new department"
• Noun: the activity or result of distributing or disposing persons or things properly or methodically; example: "his organization of the work force was very efficient"
• Noun: an ordered manner; orderliness by virtue of being methodical and well organized; examples: "his compulsive organization was not an endearing quality", "we can't do it unless we establish some system around here"
The distance between number one and number two is always a constant. If you want to improve the organization, you have to improve yourself and the organization gets pulled up with you. That is a big lesson. I cannot just expect the organization to improve if I don't improve myself and lift the organization, because that distance is a constant.
The minister and the priest teach that the organization is greater. No great philosophy has ever come from an organization, but from an individual whose research has been a personal study of God and ITS ways.
The one thing I have learned as a CEO is that leadership at various levels is vastly different. When I was leading a function or a business, there were certain demands and requirements to be a leader. As you move up the organization, the requirements for leading that organization don't grow vertically; they grow exponentially.
As I say, there was this movement to try to bring philosophers and mathematicians together into an organization where they would talk to each other. An organization wasn't effective unless you had a journal. That's about all I know.
Now, I learned soon enough, that among the three, two don't trust the third one - the third one is the government. Both industry and unions feel the government is a talking organization and a spending organization.
We conclude that, simultaneously with the organization of the colleges, there should be at Santa Cruz an organization by disciplines, whose units would have a voice in appointments and promotions, in course of programs, and in the allocation of funds for research.
We tend to think of the mind of an organization residing in the CEO and the organization's top managers, perhaps with the help of outside consultants that they call in. But that is not really how an organization thinks.
The decision to join or not join a service union, political party or other organization should be left up to the individual. No such organization has the right to take money out of the pockets of state workers without their proper consent.
A lot of knowledge in any kind of an organization is what we call task knowledge. These are things that people who have been there a long time understand are important, but they may not know how to talk about them. It's often called the culture of the organization.
It is an honor to be awarded with such a high rating from an organization as well respected as the NAACP. I am pleased that the oldest and largest civil rights organization in the nation, has recognized my voting record.