• Noun: a fact about some part (as opposed to general); example: "he always reasons from the particular to the general"
• Noun: a small part that can be considered separately from the whole; example: "it was perfect in all details"
• Noun: (logic) a proposition that asserts something about some (but not all) members of a class
• Adj: unique or specific to a person or thing or category; examples: "the particular demands of the job", "has a particular preference for Chinese art", "a peculiar bond of sympathy between them", "an expression peculiar to Canadians", "rights peculiar to the rich", "the special features of a computer", "my own special chair"
• Adj: separate and distinct from others of the same group or category; examples: "interested in one particular artist", "a man who wishes to make a particular woman fall in love with him"
• Adj: surpassing what is common or usual or expected; examples: "he paid especial attention to her", "exceptional kindness", "a matter of particular and unusual importance", "a special occasion", "a special reason to confide in her", "what's so special about the year 2000?"
• Adj: first and most important; examples: "his special interest is music", "she gets special (or particular) satisfaction from her volunteer work"
• Adj: exacting especially about details; examples: "a finicky eater", "fussy about clothes", "very particular about how her food was prepared"
• Adj: providing specific details or circumstances; example: "a particular description of the room"
I don't really consider myself to be an actor of any particular style. My aim with every role I undertake is to be truthful and honest in that particular portrayal. I don't have a particular methodology from any one school of thought or training.
Under Confucianism, the use of precisely measured court music, prescribed steps, actions, and phrases all added up to an extremely complex system of rituals, each used for a particular purpose at a particular time.
I have to say that in this particular cow that we're dealing with, those parts of the cow were removed, and so we don't think there's any risk or very negligible risk to human health with this particular incident.
The Christian faith can never be separated from the soil of sacred events, from the choice made by God, who wanted to speak to us, to become man, to die and rise again, in a particular place and at a particular time.
If a professional musician in a symphony orchestra is playing Beethoven. But this particular orchestra have played this particular chestnut so many times, they can play it in their sleep. Does the genius remain present in the music or not?
You've got to stick at a thing, a particular thing, until you succeed.I feel that's the only way to succeed - by concentrating on something in particular. Once you know what you've got to do you will succeed, you will succeed.
All of us grow up in particular realities - a home, family, a clan, a small town, a neighborhood. Depending upon how we're brought up, we are either deeply aware of the particular reading of reality into which we are born, or we are peripherally aware of it.
So I let them be responsible for there particular areas. Then by the time it gets to me that means that there is a problem. I have my eyes open and I need to know something about every department but you don't want to micro manage any particular department.
Personally, I've found one of the more stimulating ways of playing in recent times has been to kind of move outside the free improvised area and work with people who are probably improvisers but they have a particular way of working.