• Noun: the time that has elapsed; example: "forget the past"
• Noun: a earlier period in someone's life (especially one that they have reason to keep secret); example: "reporters dug into the candidate's past"
• Noun: a verb tense that expresses actions or states in the past
• Adj: earlier than the present time; no longer current; examples: "time past", "his youth is past", "this past Thursday", "the past year"
• Adj: of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office; example: "a retiring member of the board"
• Adj: a verb tense or other construction referring to events or states that existed at some previous time; example: "past participle"
• Adv: so as to pass a given point; example: "every hour a train goes past"
More fundamentally, it is a dream that does not die with the onset of manhood: the dream is to play endlessly, past the time when you are called home for dinner, past the time of doing chores, past the time when your body betrays you past time itself.
The 1984 European Championships were held in France and that was something important. I felt on form then, even though I was practically always injured at all the World Cups. It's a great memory. But in any case, the past is past.
I like today and perhaps a little future still, but the past is really something I'm not interested in. So, as far as I'm concerned, I like only the past of things and people I don't know. When I know, I don't care because I knew how it was.