Sell also: demonstrate, essay, establish, evidence, examine, leaven, raise, rise, show, test, testify, try
• Verb: be shown or be found to be; examples: "She proved to be right", "The medicine turned out to save her life", "She turned up HIV positive"
• Verb: establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; examples: "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound", "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
• Verb: provide evidence for; examples: "The blood test showed that he was the father", "Her behavior testified to her incompetence"
• Verb: prove formally; demonstrate by a mathematical, formal proof
• Verb: put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; examples: "This approach has been tried with good results", "Test this recipe"
• Verb: increase in volume; example: "the dough rose slowly in the warm room"
• Verb: cause to puff up with a leaven; example: "unleavened bread"
• Verb: take a trial impression of
• Verb: obtain probate of; example: "prove a will"
With all the media attention, all the love from the fans, I felt I needed to prove myself. Prove that I'm not a marketing tool, I'm not a ploy to improve attendance. Prove I can play in this league. But I've surrendered that to God. I'm not in a battle with what everybody else thinks anymore.
No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.
My philosophy in life... is to prove myself to myself and not to others. I tried to teach my children that, that I have to respect myself, to prove to myself that I can do the best I can.
I think that was very important to Bacon... personally. I think he went to great efforts to get a house for the Stratford man, to make it so difficult for us to prove that it was Francis Bacon, because it is very difficult to prove.
The state of Israel must, from time to time, prove clearly that it is strong, and able and willing to use force, in a devastating and highly effective way. If it does not prove this, it will be swallowed up, and perhaps wiped off the face of the earth.
War is not the quintessential emergency in which man has to prove himself, as my generation learned at its school desks in the days of the Kaiser; rather, peace is the emergency in which we all have to prove ourselves.
If I'm the weak link or whatever, I guess that means I've got something to prove. I've always had something to prove.
It takes a lot of things to prove you are smart, but only one thing to prove you are ignorant.
This does not mean that every copyright must prove its value initially. That would be a far too cumbersome system of control. But it does mean that every system or category of copyright or patent should prove its worth.
We do not believe in immortality because we can prove it, but we try to prove it because we cannot help believing it.
At the same time, it makes me feel like I have to prove myself to the new guys coming in as well as prove myself to the coaching staff, which is a good bit of motivation for me.
The music business is very hard on women over 22. You really have to prove yourself every time you make a record. Are you as vibrant as you used to be? Are you as sexy? So I really want to prove that a woman in her 30s can be all those things and more.
I don't want to prove to anyone or prove to myself. I'd rather just enjoy and show myself that I am capable of doing it and actually going through the process.
I'd just like to prove to myself that I'm all here and all together and can get the best out of myself. I'd also like to prove that to a couple of other people.
I hear that Brooke Ashley is also pressing charges. I don't know how she can prove anything. How can they prove anything, whether it's true or not, that I'm the one that infected her?
I shook hands with a friendly Arab. I still have my right arm to prove it.
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.
I can prove anything by statistics except the truth.
There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?
The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.