• Noun: the extended spatial location of something; examples: "the farming regions of France", "religions in all parts of the world", "regions of outer space"
• Noun: a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve; example: "in the abdominal region"
• Noun: a large indefinite location on the surface of the Earth; example: "penguins inhabit the polar regions"
• Noun: the approximate amount of something (usually used prepositionally as in `in the region of'); examples: "it was going to take in the region of two or three months to finish the job", "the price is in the neighborhood of $100"
• Noun: a knowledge domain that you are interested in or are communicating about; examples: "it was a limited domain of discourse", "here we enter the region of opinion", "the realm of the occult"
But this is the great danger America faces. That we will cease to be one nation and become instead a collection of interest groups: city against suburb, region against region, individual against individual. Each seeking to satisfy private wants.
For my part, I make this pledge to all of you: The politics of division, of pitting east against west, urban versus rural, region against region, and people against people will have no place in my Administration.
This resemblance became clear in the Bush the father's visits to the region. He wound up being impressed by the royal and military regimes and envied them for staying decades in their positions and embezzling the nation's money with no supervision.
As southeast Texas's only Member of the House Transportation Committee, I'm especially proud of being able to help bring hundreds of millions of dollars to the region to create jobs and improve the area infrastructure.
I'm fighting for small businesses. I'm not fighting for big oil. Don't be confused. And there are thousands of businesses in this state that are at great risk. Meanwhile, the country keeps guzzling the oil, but we're out of work down here. We need to get back to work to build this region, and we intend to do so.
Well, the important message that we've always carried to China is that we look forward to your progress and prosperity, we look forward to you playing a role in the progress and prosperity of this region and we look forward to stability in your relations with others.
The fact that the Arctic, more than any other populated region of the world, requires the collaboration of so many disciplines and points of view to be understood at all, is a benefit rather than a burden.