• Noun: (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point; example: "it differs in that respect"
• Noun: the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded); examples: "it is held in esteem", "a man who has earned high regard"
• Noun: an attitude of admiration or esteem; example: "she lost all respect for him"
• Noun: a courteous expression (by word or deed) of esteem or regard; examples: "his deference to her wishes was very flattering", "be sure to give my respects to the dean"
• Noun: behavior intended to please your parents; examples: "their children were never very strong on obedience", "he went to law school out of respect for his father's wishes"
• Noun: a feeling of friendship and esteem; examples: "she mistook his manly regard for love", "he inspires respect"
• Noun: courteous regard for people's feelings; examples: "in deference to your wishes", "out of respect for his privacy"
• Verb: regard highly; think much of; examples: "I respect his judgement", "We prize his creativity"
• Verb: show respect towards; example: "honor your parents!"
Dad needs to show an incredible amount of respect and humor and friendship toward his mate so the kids understand their parents are sexy, they're fun, they do things together, they're best friends. Kids learn by example. If I respect Mom, they're going to respect Mom.
Three thousand people died at ground zero. Their families are entitled to a little bit of respect, to respect the memory of those poor people that died there. And how about the families of all those soldiers that died in the two ensuing wars? Aren't they entitled to a little bit of respect - the kids, the wives, the parents?
I don't believe war is a way to solve problems. I think it's wrong. I don't have respect for the people that made the decisions to go on with war. I don't have that much respect for Bush. He's about war, I'm not about war - a lot of people aren't about war.
It is justice and respect that I want the world to dust off and put - without delay, and with tenderness - back on the head of the Palestinian child. It will be imperfect justice and respect because the injustice and disrespect have been so severe. But I believe we are right to try.
I respect the fact that many denominations have different points of view with respect to gay marriage and they can hold that in the sanctity in the place of their religion and not bless them or solemnize them.
No money in this world could convince me to play for Liverpool. That's not a lack of respect for Liverpool supporters or the football club. It's respect for the Everton supporters. You just can't do that. It goes against everything that I stand for. No chance.
With respect to Barack Obama, let's face it; Barack Obama is an iconic figure in the African-American community. We respect that. We understand that. African-Americans are going to vote for the first black president, especially when he happens to share the liberal politics on economic issues that many in that community hold.