• Noun: (American football) a play in which a player attempts to carry the ball through or past the opposing team; examples: "the defensive line braced to stop the run", "the coach put great emphasis on running"
• Noun: the act of running; traveling on foot at a fast pace; examples: "he broke into a run", "his daily run keeps him fit"
• Noun: the state of being in operation; example: "the engine is running smoothly"
• Noun: the act of administering or being in charge of something; example: "he has responsibility for the running of two companies at the same time"
• Noun: the act of participating in an athletic competition involving running on a track
• Adj: moving quickly on foot; example: "heard running footsteps behind him"
• Adj: (of fluids) moving or issuing in a stream; examples: "as mountain stream with freely running water", "hovels without running water"
• Adj: continually repeated over a period of time; example: "a running joke among us"
• Adj: of advancing the ball by running; example: "the team's running plays worked better than its pass plays"
• Adj: executed or initiated by running; examples: "running plays worked better than pass plays", "took a running jump", "a running start"
• Adj: measured lengthwise; example: "cost of lumber per running foot"
• Adj: (of e.g. a machine) performing or capable of performing; examples: "in running (or working) order", "a functional set of brakes"
No, no, I never despair, because George Bush is not running the universe. He may be running the United States, he may be running the military, he may be running even the world, but he is not running the universe, he is not running the human heart.
I was terrified of vault, like literally I hated it. I had a fear of running as fast as I could at a solid object, which is I think a normal fear to have because nobody would really want to do that. Once I got over the fear of running into the table I just kind of relaxed and now it's like autopilot. I love it.
It is clear from the reaction to our campaign so far that our message is resonating. I look forward to continuing to take this message to all Americans, and showing them that I can be as successful running the country as I was running the state of New Mexico.
When I grew up Carl Lewis was still running, Maurice Greene was running - he was that figure I see, like Michael Johnson. I really wanted to look up to the fast guys - so those two guys were some of the guys I looked up to.
I may not drink an electrolyte beverage during the race. If I am running in an hour, I won't need one. But if you're running an hour-and-a-half to two hours or more, maybe you need a little bit of the electrolytes.